sexybourbon

you tube stations

Iv been watching a station on you tube lately called IDRIVE and it makes for a good watch

Its basically one off cars and there owners that at interviewed and driven by some american guy , its really well filmed aswell with lots of nice shots and there not shy of giving the cars some beans

Theres everything from old bmw 325 turbos and crx's to big muscle cars and rat rods and some of the enginering that goes in to alot of the cars is fantastic

Well worth a watch if you like cars and modded stuff

Anyone else watch any other channels on you tube like this kind of stuff could you post it up or a link so we can have a watch

I've been watching /Drive for ages, fantastic channel. The Chris Harris on Cars channel is also very good. If we ever get rid of Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear because he's gone "a bit too far this time", My vote would be to have Chris Harris step into his place. He's entertaining, knowledgeable and passionate and a bit self deprecating which are all good things in my book!

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Best one ive watched for a while is Roadkill. I think theres about 25 episodes, be warned though, once you've watched the muscle truck episode you WILL want a pick up with a v8.

also watched the above....really enjoying petrolicious at the moment, can watch them over and over, some great classics with some true hidden gems great drives through some awesome locations

https://www.youtube.com/user/PetroliciousCo

good thread will be keeping my eye for new channels

Ill look at them both later ,feenix is that channel a kind of extension to idrive then ?? I drive seem to have done alot about super cars and stuff but also have a load of episodes based only on big muscle power , theres an episode with an old 1950s (i think) flat bed truck with big twin wheels on the back that looks amazing and it has a massive turbo diesel in it , i enjoyed that one

Roadkill is a program thats part of the motortrend youtube channel which has a few other good shows but roadkill is my fave, the 2 presenters are cool and really knowledgable but they do stuff like go to a junkyard in texas get a car, fix it up a bit, drive it a few thousand miles to a drag strip, do a run and ebay it. They did one where they got an old dodge charger and put a v8 in it from a motor home and go all dukes of hazzard on it !!

I guess in what is something of a sign of the times, I've found myself in the last year watching a lot less television and instead watching a lot more stuff on the internet - initially Netflix, but have come to find YouTube to have so much more interesting 'original content' than I expected. I've been subscribing to a lot of car based channels and thought I'd share the ones I've found and enjoyed so far, partly to see if it interests other people, but also to see if there's any others that you guys happen to follow?

Hot Rod Magazine - Roadkill

So first up is the Hot Rod Magazine show 'Roadkill' - hosted by two guys who write for Hot Rod magazine in the USA, it's mostly about road trips, but they do some other stuff such as autocross or features trips to Bonneville. The majority of episodes are about getting a car, fixing it up (loosely) then doing a road trip.

There's been over 30 episodes, and first one is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOYlloxcRZA

They've done some great episodes - one a month or two back, about the build up of an old Dodge Challenger they had was really enjoyable. The guys have great chemistry and it's a thoroughly enjoyable watch.

Mighty Car Mods

So this one I only really discovered last week thanks to a friend but have been binge watching it over the last couple of days. This is pretty hard to describe but the clue is in the name somewhat.. couple of friends in Australia run the channel and host it, and essentially it's about buying and modifying cars. They're doing some great stuff with their most recent being a bespoke build up of a Subaru Legacy, instead running a Subaru Tribeca V6 engine which is also turbo charged. The episodes can be pretty long and you need to invest a little time in each season as there are revisits to old challenges and so forth throughout but it's great. Again, the guys have great chemistry so it's extremely entertaining to watch.

Here's the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgJRL30YS6XFxq9Ga8W2J3A

I'm just making my way through an hour long feature I'm quite enjoying called Kei to the City - about them visiting Japan, buying a cheap car, and then trying to find out a little about the JDM drift scene. That video is here:

The thing is, you assume being YouTube it'll be extremely amateur but one of the guys who hosts it is a professional musician who writes all his own music for the show - it has an extremely up-market feel to it and some of the episodes are genuinely hilarious. Worth putting some time in to watch through it :)

Jay Lenos Garage

Weekly videos showcasing vehicles either from Jay Leno's collection or cars / bikes he's invited friends or local companies to bring over.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JayLenosGarage

It's great. All kinds of stuff in here from the new McLaren P1, right back to vintage steam or electric cars, vintage Bugatti's, etc. A bit of a shame as this was previously hosted directly by NBC and they seem to have moved the 'show' to YouTube, deleting a lot of the content on the way.. but there's still a tonne of stuff to watch on here.

Hope some folks find these interesting or worth a watch. If you know of any worth watching, get em in here :)

I startes a thread a few months ago about this and there was some good links to channels , try i drive they have done tons and most is very interesting stuff

Doh - missed that thread mate.. will have to dig back through and try merging them.

yep one started already....still can't stop watching

petrolicious.........awesome classics

OK - threads merged with some forum magic. Annoyed I missed this one the first time around :)

I loved the i drive ones where they did all the big muscle stuff there are some amazing builds on there and i actually like the way they oresent there stuff its so much better than the likes of mike brewer and that lot