geoffersmaher

decent set of dash speakers

Got these the other day

Transformed the sound of the dab radio so much so I pulled the pioneers out of the doors an upgraded the as well

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=1041623&categoryId=265869&langId=-1

Just my penny's worth

Also more than shallow enough

An only 5 Mins to fit per speaker

Did the grilles fit back over when fitted? Good to know if so, cheers. :thumbleft:

You gotta snap 2 of the 4 tabs off

Twist it so all 4 points of the cover are clear an screw it down, it was a tad awkward but I ended up just using a bit with my hands as the dash is so soft

Then covers went on like a dream

I am sure your sound is nicer now. However, the only real way to get really decent sound in a Corrado is to run component speakers, so tweeters in the dash, mids in the doors and probably a small subwoofer in the boot. For £20 they will be OK, but say you then spend £30 on the door speakers, you would really be better off getting components at say £80 which give a much better sound.

They look really good. You mentioned you upgraded the door speakers as well - what units did you go for?

they were matching sonys if i remember right, 13cm , easy to find on halfords site

I am sure your sound is nicer now. However, the only real way to get really decent sound in a Corrado is to run component speakers, so tweeters in the dash, mids in the doors and probably a small subwoofer in the boot. For £20 they will be OK, but say you then spend £30 on the door speakers, you would really be better off getting components at say £80 which give a much better sound.

i run an underseat sub, amp for the rear jbl speakers and the pioneer head unit powers doors and dash, and if im honest it sounds great, if anything the underseat sub lets it down , but i dont want to go too chav and have a sub in my boot , as thats where i put stuff.