Ferosferio

Newbie from East Kilbride (Glasgow)- Dragon Green VR6

Evening all. Quick intro post...

I recently acquired a 1994 Dragon Green Corrado VR6 after looking for the best part of 6 months for a Mk3 Golf VR6! Based on what I planned to spend initially, I'd ruled out a Raddo - which was always my preference - but a friend had a moment of clarity (stupidity?!) regarding his priorities and we both saw an opportunity. My car history is a bit patchy to be frank - Among others, I've owned a couple of Mk2 MR2s (NA & Turbo) a DC2 Integra and an E36 M3. I've actually not owned anything of note for about 3 years, spending the last few years focusing on house moves and my career but this sort of happened at the right time. So anyway, here it is, just the one pic for the moment:

1e50a2de-565a-4d5f-ab99-727d1b10532f_zps269145e0.jpg

Without going into specifics too much... 1994 Corrado VR6 in Dragon Green, 146k miles, BBS RC (O41) wheels, coilovers of some description (the name of which escapes me at the moment but they look half decent enough) and that's about it. It's standard otherwise I believe. The plan is too give it a good clean inside and out - if anyone has any suggestions on a decent leather cleaner my ears are open - give it a service, sort out the non-working heater/blower (typical!), new air filter, new exhaust (it's too quiet) and possibly in time treat it to some paint as it has a few battle scars and a couple of minor rust spots. Nothing terminal thankfully. Thereafter, I hope to just look after it and keep it as a second car as I plan to add another car to the household - an M3 perhaps - at some point towards the end of the year.

I live in East Kilbride (just outside Glasgow) so give me a wave if you see me out and about across the Central belt. Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to enjoying - and hopefully contributing to - the forum.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Ferosferio

Welcome, looks very nice! Gliptone leather cleaner, and conditioner too are a good bet. Will restore and feed the leather leaving it soft and supple. :thumbleft: