richman711

Charger re-builds

Hi guys

Think my chargers due a rebuild as it only makes about 9 psi even with a 70mm pulley, has some oil on the pressure side of the intake and evidence that the induction kit that was fitted was letting debris into the charger.

Currently the car has some form of ecu chip(unknown details)

70mm pulley

adjustable fpr (unknown details)

Plan is:

OCD chip suited to car

68mm pulley

3.5bar fpr

Stage 2 OCD charger or stage 4 jabba charger

whats every ones opinions? Jabba are local so obv thats a plus but there does seem some bad rep about them.

the OCD stage 3 interests me as well but by the sounds of it I cant use it u less I have some much more serious mods?

You have basically 3 options. Jabba, JMR and OCD.

I have just sent mine to OCD, mine is previously rebuilt JMR Stg 2 that seems to be low on boost. I would have been more than happy to send to JMR but thought I would give OCD a go.

Will let you know how I get on, I am probably having mine ported whilst it is there. Might go for Stage 3 as long as it is possible on my charger. You will need head work to make the most of the gains from the stage 3 porting. If you intend to remain standard I would just go stage 2, however if future plans include headwork then perhaps go for it. Speak to OCD though for best advise on that.

Hi guys

Hadnt heard of jmr mentioned before, bit late now any way lol as I dropped it off at jabba for a stage 4 this morning, seemed like nice friendly people and genuine but ive heard the stories so ill report back with my findings:)

Pretty disappointed with OCD tbh, arranged a week before hand to drop off the charger at 12 on monday, with me supply the 11mm belt as he didnt have any in stock, got told on the friday before that the original 5 day turn around may not be possible ( I understand its a 1 man show but annoying none the less ).

Any way made the 2 hr trip down the m1 and he wasnt open, called, left message, waited 45 min, gave up and booked in at jabba.

Any way guys ill report back when I get the charger back on sat:)

Again Kyle, my apologies for letting you down!

But as you've said yourself, you arranged to drop it off at 12 noon on Monday and arrived at my unit at 9am. When I rang you back I got no answer.

Again I am a one man band at the minute, and as also explained very busy with re-builds right now (as well as being let down by Optibelt) which delays chargers brought in, first come first served.

As you were told I was out the unit, again I've got many things on (viewing new, bigger units being the case that morning) so again my apologies I missed you but I don't feel I completely let you down by not being where you wanted me to be 3 hours earlier than I expected.

But hopefully Jabba do a good job on your charger, good luck :)

Hi

Not exactly sure where you got 9am from as I called you at 12.15 after realising you wernt there? Im sure your just mistaken;)

The reason I didnt answer your call was I was already doing the 2 hour drive home after waiting a while, hense why I called you back when I got home.

Haha yes there is at least 1 positive from the whole thing.

although this wasnt a misunderstanding, 12 was agreed in advance.

Picked up the charger from jabba today at 12, excellent service couldn't fault them, nice friendly honest people:)

Even went to the effort of showing me the next one his rebuilding to show me how they work and what work is carried out on a stage 4:)

Thought id tell every one my experience:)