vw bobby

Insuring a imported car or go for traders

Hi All,

I have a mk2 Jetta Coupe LHD imported from Holland, its on a UK registration now.

I tried SKY Insurance, but they could not insure the car.

I am 33, live in West London and been driving over 10 years. I have 0 years no claims discount to use on this policy, as I use this on my daily car.

I would like about 3000 miles a year on it and fully comprehensive for social and pleasure use and maybe driving a bit to work.

I have 1 claim, which was not my fault back in Dec 1, van went into the back off me.

Can anyone help with this? or where i can go?

Also another option, could I get traders insurance, as i own 4 cars, but do not own a business?

Cheers

Bobby

Try classic policies Bobby. Classicline who I was with previously were extremely good for a limited mileage policy. This year I've gone with Adrian Flux (they are actually brokers) and a 4k policy was £198.

Worth shopping around mate. The good thing about classic policies if you can get it on that, is that a lot of classic cars are imports anyway.

Cheers mate, I know about classic car policy, as my Corrado 16vT is on one and only pay $251 with all mods declared and and 3k limit.

That is what i was looking for, but Sky insurance, told me they cannot cover the car.

Just done a search on Go Compare and came up with a result, I just got quoted £183.58 fully comp with 3k mileage and mods declared with Flux Direct

If you want to pm me your number Bobby, I will get someone to call you and see if we can help. As stated above, classic insurance sounds like the best option. If the car kept on a drive / garage?

Cheers

Martin (@ HIC)

I would advise against a traders policy for private use . I often have to submit invoices to my insurance company to prove that i am trading . Also traders policies dont like cars over 25 years , Imports / lhd , Kit cars etc etc . As some of the guys have already said your best option would be a classic policy .