Andrew_LWSDesign

Carbon Fibre and GRP Wings... who's in!

You do know there is an early and late version of wings too ? Are you going to do both or just late or early?

That is a very good point! Might complicate things a little, if Andrew was unaware of the difference.

Think there would be more demand for late wings but i know there will be people wanting early ones

Good excuse for those with early cars to do a wide track conversion really :lol:

Is the difference actually that noticeable? Any one had an early car with late wings?

Hmmm, sorry i have shown my ignorance... i was not aware of late or early wings... does anyone know if the fitment is the same. It is unlikely we would do both but settle for one like the VR6 Bonnet that we sell a large number of.. I'm guessing the late ones... will have a chat with JMR tomorrow as he tends to be our Oracle for all things Corrado!

I'd be interested in early wings in GRP, Any chance of an early bonnet too? Not keen on the humped/rounded later ones!

To be fair,the early wings are still available from Classic parts,but the later ones are obsolete !

that's pretty awesome, i never knew that :) Was more interested in grp parts for the weight saving as well as the non rustability (my car is pretty track focussed)

My Corrado is due to go in the body shop,

for some restoration work including having the front wings repaired,

but now I'm tempted to go for the Carbon Fiber ones,

but only if it's the later VR6 wings that will be reproduced.

Si

Carbon wings should always be worth quite a bit if you ever come to sell them on in the future, that's how i've convinced myself. :lol:

Yeah but you'll have to paint them and i dont think i could paint over the beauty that is carbon fibre

I am starting to think about carbon bonnet and wings not painted, and the rest of the car done in a black or dark grey with black or grey rims.

Might go down the plastidip route.

Are the Carbon Fibre wings real Carbon Fibre?

As for GRP wings, not sure if they are such a good idea on a Corrado. Won't you get the front end flexing under load? Or are the wings on a Corrado not structural and load bearing?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

It tell's you in the first post. yes..

Oops, didn't delete the first bit, wasn't after the carbon question.

It's this I was wondering about

"As for GRP wings, not sure if they are such a good idea on a Corrado. Won't you get the front end flexing under load? Or are the wings on a Corrado not structural and load bearing?"

Anyone know anything about this?

"As for GRP wings, not sure if they are such a good idea on a Corrado. Won't you get the front end flexing under load? Or are the wings on a Corrado not structural and load bearing?"

I meant to post again on this as I posted on my phone it wasn't until after I posted I thought I bet it's the second part you were asking about regarding that I couldn't tell you you could try asking JMR (john mitchell racing) who fit's these parts and has them fitted to his own car (Bonnet,roof,tailgate) not wing's obviously but is very clued up. Not too far for you to travel either :dance:

Hi Gus, they are not load bearing. Everything is bolted to the chassis and legs at the front.... including the wings

Yeah but you'll have to paint them and i dont think i could paint over the beauty that is carbon fibre

I could ;)

I am serioulsy thinking of getting my Corrado resprayed, so this is a real consideration - due to rust revention too.

Presumably with less weight - I can drive faster ? !!!! :-)

Has any anyone thought of the Insurance side and how this may be effected ? Anyone enquired ?

Also, I understand all cars are Crash Tested - so what happens here, or is this considered just as bodywork and not structural - sorry if this seems a really dumb question.

What are the down sides of carbon fibre ?

I note the price at £950 for the pair, but then 15% off all parts -Is this considered a Part ?

Is the price inclusive of VAT ?

Thanks

Edited by Wendy

Another vote for flared with minimal inner lip.....

another vote for the above, including deleted indicator holes

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update on this.... Tooling / Moulding has begun! I will check with Lewis on timescales but we went with Standard Wings that will be available in both infused GRP and also Carbon... :-)