Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Wheel Bolts

I'm looking to put some wheel spacers on soon, does anyone know where I can get longer wheel bolts? Do Halfords do them?

Cheers

I had to get some longer nuts for my front wheels as they had spacers on and dint feel very safe with the standard shorter nuts.

I got mine from a local Car shop (vcf), just had to go in and order some, I rekon most car parts shops, wilco etc would be able to get some to order. cost about 15quid.

I got mine from Demon Tweeks,

It was a right pain, although I am sure it was mainly due to unforeseen circumstances. Suffice to say I got them for free

in the end, so I am not slagging them off.

Cheers,

Rica

Yeah I've had issues ordering stuff from Demon Tweeks before. They're not exactly the cheapest in the world either.

Thread hijack...

My friend (well more aquaintance than friend, but you get the idea) bought some new wheels for his shagged old MkII and just bolted them on. However, he didn't pay attention to the different bolt lenghts he needed and ended up driving the last stretch home with a single, very loose bolt holding his wobbling front wheel on. Quite amusing to watch, but probably a little scary/dangerous for those in the car at the time :D You would have thought he would have known better because he worked in Halfords....

You would have thought he would have known better because he worked in Halfords....

Have you seen the monkeys on the advert?

:lol:

I wasn't going to say anything about Halfords employees because I know there are some one here :o ;)

Yeah I know there are a couple that work on here. I was only joking though :)

Never been in a Halfords in my life actually.

Mind you the ones on here that work in Halfords seem to know their stuff... the rest seem to be like Dixons staff :lol:

try Midland wheel supplies (click here) I got my 10mm longer bolts from them...

For locking wheel bolts, go into halfords and find a normal set for a Corrado, it'll have the correct normal bolt size written on it, then go through the other sets to find a set the same, but in the length you need... ;) That's how I did it anyway... 8)