EJ Taylor

HELP ASAP - BRAND NEW THROTTLE CABLE... Where can i get one!?!

cars with a guy having loads done. hes doing the T/C for me but between us we can only find them in the states... anyone know where u can get one new in the uk? need to know asap as the cars at the garage as we speak!

Try getting in touch with VW Classic Parts - they may not stock them, but may know of companies doing reproduction / compatible parts.. for example they don't stock original VR6 radiators but were able to recommend (and could supply) ones that they approved of.

I have a good used one if that is of interest to you?

thing is its silly stiff (always has been) and it needs to be loose, would your second hand part not be exactly the same as the one in therE?

If EJ Taylor doesn't want that throttle cable, Chris, could I put my name down in reserve as I've been after one for a while. Cheers.

I know what you mean as my first car had a v stiff pedal. Car that this one came from did not

hmmm, is it a late one? also roughly how many miles has it done?

If EJ Taylor doesn't want that throttle cable, Chris, could I put my name down in reserve as I've been after one for a while. Cheers.

pressures on

Yes late model vr, unsure of mileage, the cable is fine. A little cosmetic imperfection but its a cable £14 delivered gents

Yes late model vr, unsure of mileage, the cable is fine. A little cosmetic imperfection but its a cable £14 delivered gents

I got fed up of searching and just ordered a new one from the states, so its all your Jim, thanks for the heads up though VAG-hag (sorry i forgot your name bro :( ) appreciate it!

Glad you got sorted bud, don't worry about the name I forget everyone's, vag is fine ;)

So how much do you want for the throttle cable, Colin?

Cheers Dave. PM me your PayPal address and I'll get some moolah sent over your way. Ta.

I got fed up of searching and just ordered a new one from the states, so its all your Jim, thanks for the heads up though VAG-hag (sorry i forgot your name bro :( ) appreciate it!

Where did you get it from EJ? Got a link mate?

Is your 95 VR6 an R or S chassis? If it is an S the genuine cable is still listed under part number 536 721 555 E. If you have ordered it from the US, is it a right hand drive cable?

Is your 95 VR6 an R or S chassis? If it is an S the genuine cable is still listed under part number 536 721 555 E. If you have ordered it from the US, is it a right hand drive cable?

no idea, no idea, listed yes, available no. it does not list left or right hand drive, all i care about is the fact the ends fit, if its short we can get around it.