Drucey

Passat 88-93 rear door handles (keyless)

Hi, does anybody know if the Vw passat 88-93 rear door handles (key less) are a straight swop? They look the same but are the leavers the same? My car is a 1989 1.8 16v thanks people :-)

with a bit of bending of door catch yes, more or less. I have passat handles and audi chrome catch which also works. Think I have some passat catches which make the job easier if you want them?

Are they not the same then? How much hastle is it to do? What do you need? Thanks for the help m8 :) appreciate it!!

they are not quite the same but very similar. the rear passat catches i modifield to work with the passat handles in a corrado door. not much hassle at all, a matter of eying up how close the striker is to the catch and bending it - dont go mad though as it will break.

Ok, what did I need? I have managed to find new rear door handles off the passat.. What other bits did I need? Thanks for helping me out m8. :)

Ok m8, should I just get some passat door catches? Do they fit straight on? It's just a case of bending the striker after that? Thanks for all your help. Brilliant

To fit Passat handles you need to use the Pasat door mech too. However a more elegant solution which allows you to retain the Corrado lock mech is to replace the striker with a better designed stronger bespoke part, I sourced mine from German eBay they are a first class solution giving smooth reliable use with non of the frailty of the original part.

Ok, if I go on German eBay and type in " passat striker" for an 89 year car, will it come up with one, and is that all I need? Got some keyless rear passat handles.. Thanks :)

Or if it's possible would you mind sending me a link to the part I need? Have the 2 handles off a passat (no lock) so just need the other bits.. :) thanks everybody.

Thanks for that m8, right so If I buy this kit, I need the passat handles (which I have) then you have to swop the part over with the new parts. Have I got it right? Lol, is it easy to do?

Thanks for that m8, right so If I buy this kit, I need the passat handles (which I have) then you have to swop the part over with the new parts. Have I got it right? Lol, is it easy to do?

Yes and yes, have a look at the guide in the wiki for re tumbling locks, shows how to remove the handle in there :)

ok, the kit does say it comes with instructions on what to do? can just see it exploding on me.. lol, hopefully its not hard to do??

What's daves16v door handle kit lads? Lol, I have the pass at rear door handles?? Haha :) thanks

it is one of these :D

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=10426&highlight=handle+repair

i brought both sides & have only used the drivers so far. not only did it fix the handle but it means no new lock, keys etc etc & it gives a much better feel when opening the door

apologies if you want the delocked handles tho ;)

Daves kit is a fix for Corrado standard handles it is not suitable for the Passat handle . The item I linked is a perfect fit and high quality and a straightforward proposition to fit

Daves kit is a fix for Corrado standard handles it is not suitable for the Passat handle . The item I linked is a perfect fit and high quality and a straightforward proposition to fit

Well that's me told. I was looking at the other items in the original link ( http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=170590691722 ) and the repair kit for the Corrado's looked identical to the ones shown for the Passat handles.