Hairyarse

Newbie from Stamford

Thanks for all the links and info Andy! :cool:

I like BBS RX too, one wheel I've been looking out for. Those comps are rather nice but too rich for me right now. Talking of rich, E30 M3 - nice choice! :cheers:

The short shift kit looks a good idea, I love the shift but it is quite loooong! One to get done soon I think.

Let me think about the grill - it's a kind offer but without the tabs I'm not sure how much of a pain it will be to kit it to stay on?

Thanks again ;)

Thanks for all the links and info Andy! :cool:

I like BBS RX too, one wheel I've been looking out for. Those comps are rather nice but too rich for me right now. Talking of rich, E30 M3 - nice choice! :cheers:

The short shift kit looks a good idea, I love the shift but it is quite loooong! One to get done soon I think.

Let me think about the grill - it's a kind offer but without the tabs I'm not sure how much of a pain it will be to kit it to stay on?

Thanks again ;)

No danger m8, happy to help :)

the shift kit not only shortens throw but also takes away any of the factory sloppyness. i would definitely recommend buying a dremel for the install as a metal files takes forever ;)

the grill isnt going anywhere, just PM me if you want it. as for fitting, you would have to take care regarding being messy but some silicone sealant would probably do the trick

Sounds good - I have a dremel too. What do I need to do with it? Is it a big job to install the kit? I know MK1/MK2 Golf linkages inside out but not cable ones

Sounds good - I have a dremel too. What do I need to do with it? Is it a big job to install the kit? I know MK1/MK2 Golf linkages inside out but not cable ones

with a decent dremel it could be done in lass than half hour start to finish.

daves16v kit comes with fitting instructions but its basically a case of......

remove gear knob

lift up & remove gear stick cowling

use dremel to take off a small amount of the lip at the front of where the gear mechanism fits (this is done to avoid having to drop the mechanism out from under the car & is not seen)

unclip the old shifter & wriggle it out

put the new one in

centre it up left to right movement

refit cowling & gear knob of choice

sit back & enjoy the lovely new feeling of each gear throw :)

Andy- Well fancy seeing you over here, Corrado looks good in white but as you know I'm a bit of a sucker for white 3drs.

Andy- Well fancy seeing you over here, Corrado looks good in white but as you know I'm a bit of a sucker for white 3drs.

Hello Baz, how you doing?? You coming over to the dark side now?? :thumbleft: It looks a lot better in the photos, trust me! lol It's actually a really solid car, just the paint is a little scrappy in places. It's not a patch on Oz's ;)

Hello Baz, how you doing?? You coming over to the dark side now?? :thumbleft: It looks a lot better in the photos, trust me! lol It's actually a really solid car, just the paint is a little scrappy in places. It's not a patch on Oz's ;)

No not coming over to the dark side at the mo, don't post much on here but always have a little nosey to see what's going and I would never rule out not owning another Corrado.

Can't believe that it has been 4 years since I had my Corrado - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=50817 but also good to see that it is still with the guy that I sold it to.

Looks tidy that Baz, nice to see it's around still ;)

I've certainly got the bug - I love driving it. I think very soon I'll be chopping it in for one with two more cylinders!! :cool: