Storemansteve

Help Please for a Newbie - The Corrado challenge begins

And the great Corrado nightmare begins - the intermittant fault on the ABS ie light coming on is the ABS Hydraulic Unit (fault code says so) part number 357 614 111 - can anyone help please as no longer available and also the reason the heater is not working is that the dials are knackered so it need a heater control 536 819 045 - I think I saw one somewhere but can't find it again - mine is a late 95 plate VR6.

Anyone's help really appreciated please - has anyone got these parts for sale?

Many thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I have both of these things - ABS hydraulic unit (pump) and I've got two sets of working heater controls. How does £60 posted sound?

£30 for the heater controls

£20 for the ABS pump

£10 postage

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

That is fantastic thanks, if you can e mail me your bank details I will do payment this evening so you have money by tomorrow morning.

My e mail is [email protected] or text to 07836 383822.

Very many thanks

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I have both of these things - ABS hydraulic unit (pump) and I've got two sets of working heater controls. How does £60 posted sound?

£30 for the heater controls

£20 for the ABS pump

£10 postage

Cheers

Tom

Unfortunately Tom found that the units in question have been mislaid in a move of lock ups - can anyone else help please - may have found the heater controls - the heater unit only works on speed 4 and the dails don't all work properly so hopefully this is the solution - as for ABS light - the fault code says it is the hydraulic pump as does the garage so fingers crossed.

Thanks

Steve

I have a set of working heater controls, they came off of my car when I upgraded to climatronic. I can send you photos as I think one of the clips might be damaged but cannot remember.

Unfortunately Tom found that the units in question have been mislaid in a move of lock ups - can anyone else help please - may have found the heater controls - the heater unit only works on speed 4 and the dails don't all work properly so hopefully this is the solution - as for ABS light - the fault code says it is the hydraulic pump as does the garage so fingers crossed.

Thanks

Steve

If the heater is only working on the 4th speed Steve it is normally the thermal fuse on the blower motor.

Ian.

I have just found a wiki opage on replacing the fuse so have printed it off and will see if it works, to be honest not being a technically minded person these faults are driving me nuts and removing the fun of owning a VR6 as I really have no patience at all - apart from a couple of things the car is brilliant but I have no time to muck around like this I am afraid so if anyone fancies an immaculate on Corrado for what it stands me at with wiring loom sorted, service and what i paid for it, I am happy to let it go to a good home - the wife and kids will hate me but it is driving me round the bend and someone else in the know could sort the two faults in no time at all.

Steve

Edited by Storemansteve