A5 VRX

A5 VRX Moonlight Blue VR6.... Jeep alloys nearly on, looks good!

Well decided I should share my VR6 which I have had for a month, more of an impulse buy than anything else as I wanted another car but didn't know what, cue another Corrado. Plus it was only 10 mins from my house..

In reality I should of bought a mk5 GTI but I just love being in one of these.

Bought it of Tom (Purple Tom) and he did a great job of building it, I take no credit.

It's under A5 VRX because that's the plate that's going on in the next week or so just waiting for the paperwork, I was previously under username Blackvalver and AJ-VR6 but the plate seems more fitting.

Edited by A5 VRX

Wanted to change a couple of things on it, suspension being one and alloys another. These might just have to wait a little while longer as a couple of things have been done first.

Old back box is up for sale if anybody wants it...

First off was a new back box made by Huthwaite Stainless Steel Exhausts nr Sutton-in-Ashfield, amazing work by these guys. Had a few systems made by them now and the craftmanship is second to none. The old exhaust sat more like a stainless original which was fine but not what I was after. First 2 pics are the old one..

Edited by A5 VRX

Next up was the inlet manifold, looked tired so just freshened it up and the rocker cover too. Actually bought the inlet off Tom 5 years ago previously so was just sat in my shed

It's not done in this picture but I swapped the front and rear wheels around because the tyres although the same size all round 215 40 16 the Michelins are a lot fatter than the Hancooks that were on the back so had to be swapped. The Michelins are basically brand new but will have to be changed, they seem far to bulbous and look daft..

The list of stuff on this car is quite extensive which drew me to buying it

Full engine rebuild at 109k, car now on 132k

Full respray in original colour, turned out the guy who painted it did my Lupo GTI and 328i Sport, very good job done

Full electric and heated Recaro leathers (very nice!)

7.5 x 16 BBS RC's

Teves 20 ABS system

312 fronts

258? rears

Rebuilt rear beam and bushes

Passat moonroof

U.S 3rd brake light

SWG Scuttle

R32 wishbone bushes

Daves16v handbrake tunnel, door handle repair kits

Daves16v under bonnet stainless kit

Uprated headlight loom

Lupo wipers

De-wipered rear and hole welded up and removed

Can't remember anymore as Tom hasn't done a spec list as such but plenty more done to it, heater matrix, dash wires re-wrapped etc etc

Edited by A5 VRX

Cheers mate, was actually reading your thread yesterday, awesome car, awesome skills!

cheers man! thank you!!!

like your atension to detail! your C has potential!

whats the interior like?

No pics yet but will get some, it's very tidy and the front seats are nicely worn (if you know what I mean!)

It's the second Moonlight Blue with black heated Recaros' I've had, now they were mint

I didn't think it had? Well for the cost it needs a new one as it's proper brown and you cant see a thing when topping up, and it looks unsightly!

Be a bit cheaper then as all I would need it the bottle and not the cap or plug, happy days!

Edited by A5 VRX

Yeah definitely has one mate as i remember asking Tom how he had plumbed it in at a meet a while back

Ahh ok cheers Jon,I knew he did it on the Aqua blue one I sold him a few years back, saves me some money and faffing about then.

Keep looking at some Jeep Rubicon alloys for it as well..

Plates all on now, phoned the insurance to tell them about it and they refunded me £17! Random!

Think it looks great

I now have the new expansion tank to go on when I get some time and some fresh G13 to go in, coilovers have been ordered and pick my new wheels up sunday. Never seen them on a Corrado before (not saying it hasn't been done) just a bit apprahensive, I really hope they look good or i'm stuffed!

Need to sell my old back box and K&N induction kit so ads will be up this weekend

Hopefully can leave the car for the winter and just use my Lupo, need to find a garage now I've been left without one!

Yeah it's definitely a mk4 expansion tank but it's one I took off a mk4 that I broke a while ago so wasn't new!

I'll do my best to get a spec list written up for it - it's underneath where it's had all the work done!!

Think it's also got a short shift kit as well..

Picked the wheels up today, as soon as the coilovers arrive this week it will all be getting fitted, the wheels have been offered up and just work so well, only properly fitting them will tell though. Only seen 2 mk3's with them and this is one set...

Well here is a teaser picture, front coilovers fitted and trail fitted wheels. These need a bit of tinkering just playing with tyre sizes, adapters and ride hieght

Thanks, they do look even better in the metal, nice concave to them. Just need to get them all on and sorted now though