carrots

before it gets dark please

hi can anyone help before it gets dark.my mates got a 1991 corrado with a upratted loom but the dip beam has stopped working.i cant see any relays on the loom to check.he has checked the fuses and bulbs but cant find a prob.please help

Long distance diagnostics never a great idea especially with pressure as added ingredient. The whole concept of uprated looms on the Corrado lighting was to take the load off the switch and delivery battery voltage to the lights making them brighter and more efficient. This in mind,any uprated loom will have relays fitted for dip and main beam. These are typically located near to the battery as will the in line fuses to protect the circuit. I would suggest if you have had sudden loss of power then these will be the most likely cause of your problem.

The stalk on steering column can bugger up, had that happen on mine, not sure how to check it but i'd changed everything else and a new stalk sorted things out.

yer its got power at the headlamp plugs.ive got a spare stalk for him to try.my upgrade loom has relays this un dont