loepan

pulling my hair out brake banjo bolts??

ok so got a set of 288mm callipers from goldie on here they are the ate 54 de vw type if that helps?

I've got a set of good ridge hoses at the ready, but i need the banjo bolts the ones in the good ridge set do not fit, as in they are the right size but the thread is not quite right

so i purchased two sets of extra banjo bolts both 10m with a thread of 1.25 and 1 and still both don't fit, they screw in first couple of threads but won't go any further and ill be buggered if I'm gonna go further fear of stripping threads

anybody know the correct size for these so i can tell if I'm putting the wrong ones in or the thread in the calliper needs addressing?

cheers

Edited by loepan

Hi mate , I did a job for a bloke that makes hoses . He was showing me the sets he makes , different colours ect . They look very good quality . He was saying they make them for any car , bike , any fit for any make really . I have his business card if you want the no ?

Rob

They should be a m10x1. So not sure why they don't fit.

Is it the same on both calipers? Could the problem be with the thread in caliper?

yeah cool if its definitley 10 x 1 then ill try run a tap down them, wd40 aint gonna do it took it so far and started to strip the one set of banjo bolt

cheers for the offer rob, i have all the lines ready to go, think it just maybe a case of the above