JD Westy

JD,s BlackBerry VR

One Year in .... So had the VR a little over a year now and unlike a good few of you guys I,ve had little in the way of problems. It sailed through the MOT in January with an advisory on the rear tyres which where cracked not surprising really they where 12 year's old!. Over the Christmas period the driver's door handle became unserviceable so one of Dave's door handle kits was duley perchased and fitted in time for the MOT. Nothing to report over the next 10 months apart from enjoying the car daily :thumbleft: . Until driving home from work in mid September and getting a puncture on the M6 at around 0030 . Did the tyre change and got home even with only 14psi in the spacesaver ( note to self and other's check your spacsavers tyre pressure ! ). Looked at the punctured tyre the day after and found it had worn badly on the inside suspect tracking out.....So went on holidays and on my return went to tyre garage and had all 4 tyres replaced with Vredestein Sports. The other front tyre had also worn badly on the inside so popped the car on the 4 wheel alignment and now the car is back to factory specs. On Monday this week the car went into Awesome GTI for a service including engine flush. A number of faults have been brought to my attention these being Rocker Cover Leaking / O/S / rear brake binding / cat heat shield loose / of side gearbox output shaft leaking / OSR brake corroded / both front disc worn on inner edge / both front brake pipes corroded / NSR bump stop and dust cover incomplete / NSR and OSR play in wheel bearings . So I think not bad for a 19 year old car. The car will go back in shortly to have these issues addressed and probably finally get the car on coilovers I want to get rid of the gap between tyre and arch. The car is an absolute dream to own and drive and I,m more than happy to spend on it to keep it in top condition. It's just passed the 92000 mark and the only thing that does bother me is perhaps it shouldn't be a daily because it is a fine example of the model......

MOT passed for the princely sum of 60p for a number plate light bulb. Car continues to please and is still unmodified . Still at do I don't I mode with keeping / modifying of perhaps letting it go to a Corrado fanatic......

Sounds like a rare example of reliable trouble free corrado.. Pics needed!

Yeah last year's MOT was the same one number plate light bulb ! 8300 miles covered this year .The cars been pampered was delivered on 01/01/1995 so 20 years on road around the corner : ).

Nothing to report ! Is this normal ? 8000 miles since its service last October at Awesome GTI and as I drove home today with the sunroof wide open and all other electrics working and the car cruising between 65 - 85 mph on the motorway returning 36.9 mpg using V- power I thought to myself what a fantastic motorcar! With regards the sunroof I use it everyday either open or at least tilted my thinking being its the best way to ensure its continued faultless operation. I have a theory some of the issues guys encounter with their C,s is lack of use. Mine is a true daily driver and I think I reap the rewards any thoughts on this from the long term owners? I still plan on lowering and changing the wheels but everyday ownership is currently an absolute dream .

Another year done , another service at Awesome just clocked under 10000 miles for the year . Needed new rear discs had Brembo discs and new pads fitted , also whilst in for service had brake fluid replaced , whilst settling the bill saw a Johny No Cash air freshener quite apt after paying up so bought one : ) .

Wow 2 yrs since I posted 2016 came and went with the usual service at Awesome GTI but with new front discs and brake lines fitted and another MOT pass 😀 I have a company use vehicle for work now so the Corrado is massively underused as my free time is spent in the camper so long periods of inactivity which is a worry ad this is when electrical gremlins and other faults tend to materialise. The car spent some time in the body shop for attention to dings and scratch in back panel and a few little areas which if not attended to would have become bigger issues .

Also had the Speedlines refurbed and KW coilovers fitted so the car has never looked so good