Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Removing later style heater control trim

can anyone fill me in on how to remove the trim round the later (rotary) style heater controls?

I need to replace the illumination bulb, and fit a dashmount bracket to mount my iPod 8)

Thanks,

Remove all 3 knobs by pulling out towards you and you will see the bulb sits in the middle. Yup there is only the one bulb and the illumination really is suppose to be that dim.

The surround can be pulled off carefully with a flat blade screwdriver from the top (under stereo) and bottom (remove ashtray).

HTH

Thanks for that, got the bulb changed OK thanks.

Got the trim off too, but the stooopid dashmount won't fit :( :( After checking the part nos they've sent me one for a Seat Cordoba/Ibiza/Toledo and there aren't any Corrado parts left in stock with no plans to make any more :o:o

Remove all 3 knobs by pulling out towards you and you will see the bulb sits in the middle. Yup there is only the one bulb and the illumination really is suppose to be that dim.

The surround can be pulled off carefully with a flat blade screwdriver from the top (under stereo) and bottom (remove ashtray).

HTH

One bulb? - so how comes two of my three knobs light up (Im so lucky!!! ) *:)

Bugger! Now the fan only works on speed setting 4 :( :(

It will try and go if you wiggle the speed selector dial, think I'll have to have it all to bits again....

:cry:

Bugger! Now the fan only works on speed setting 4 :( :(

D'OH! :oops: :oops:

All the plastic dials are not the same! The fan speed selector knob has an extra cut out for the little copper arm! Swapped them to the right way round and now all's OK!

:lol: been there done that.

Scott, you'll find there is only one bulb in the centre knob and the other 2 feed of it (but not very well) Pull the knobs and you'll know exactly what I mean.