Wesleyvr6

Small fire!!

so I was happily driving along the motorway with my daughter yesterday when I realised the interior of the car was not getting warm, I turned the stereo down and couldn't here the heater blowing even though it was switched on. A few seconds later smoke was coming from beneath the passenger side of the dash!! I immediately pulled over and switched the ignition off, then quickly disconnected the battery. After being recovered home by the AA I stripped the car to find the heater motor had burn out where the wires go into it. Quite lucky I pulled over when I did! Anyway does anyone know if the heater motors are still available from VW, or does anyone have a spare I could buy? Thanks

Glad to hear it didn't escalate and that you and your daughter are ok mate. I have a spare one but tbh, these linked are pretty cheap and others have said they're good units. Better off getting a new one than a used one that may need changing a few months down the line for that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321157973200?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT