delfinis38

The term "barn find"

I agree. Seems very staged a lot of the time but makes for good TV. I'm enjoying Misfits Garage with the new series as well, just to see Tom and hear the random quotes from a man who quite clearly, is a few spanners short of a tool box!

That was about 1995 I think. I was quite happy with my profit, a lot better than the Traction Avante I rebuilt in the late sixties. About two years work, two months on the road then some B*********** stole it never to be seen again.

I have to be honest Wullie I didn't have a clue what a Traction Avant was but wow what a classy looking car pity Citroen don't make them that nice any more. There is one for sale not to far away too http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C542576 Go on Wullie ;)

My oldman just got this and is a true barn find.

1967 Sunbeam Alpine with under 50k which sat in an actual barn since 1984. It's absolutely hinging with rot but as you see work's getting did. We had it running sweet before it was stripped. It's in a real bad way though but we've done worse.

vyv0bk.jpg

I have to be honest Wullie I didn't have a clue what a Traction Avant was but wow what a classy looking car pity Citroen don't make them that nice any more. There is one for sale not to far away too http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C542576 Go on Wullie ;)

I feel sick now, and nothing to do with tonight's real ale consumption. It was incredible to drive, a wee tad down on horsepower but it did corner well.

Old thread.... But seen quite a few barn find recently.. One even had 180k on the clock...

Two phrases that wind me up "barn find" "1 of 250 made" and..... They aren't that special... I guess if your buying a storm you know what your buying.

Rant over...