mimjed

sunroof moves with cental locking?

Don't know if it's been covered before, but my sunroof gets a burst of power every time I lock the car. Starts to tilt up.

Very annoying! Any clues how to stop this?

Haha concerning, don't think it has an alarm anymore. It's on its second conversion.

Any clues on the process and the hidy hole for the module?

The vw alarm module and the closure module are two separate items, usually hidden up by the glovebox. I may have a spare module if yours is playing up.

may well be needing on then...i only have a dash shell in at the mo, so shouldn't be too hard to spot.

failing that just pull the power to the sunroof motor i guess.

Is it not because you need to resync the full closure? Corrados have that anyway, regardless of any alarm fitted (I think?).

The reset procedure is:-

1) Close the roof either by hand or with the motor.

2) Drop the motor but leave it connected

3) Get out of the car, close the door and then lock the door with the key. Do a lock and hold as if doing a full closure.

4) If the motor was out of sync, you'll see the pinion gear turn a few times and then stop.

5) Refit motor and all should be well.

If the motor just twitches and the pinion doesn't move. It's already synced and the problem lies elsewhere.

You might be right there Kev but I figured if it was out of sync it would just stop in the same wrong position every time rather than ratcheting out with each attempt to shut it?

Most likely is out of sync as it doesn't stop level with the roof on the button, bottoms out and then stops.

Cheers kev, sounds like another job on the Sunday list.

haha no, tried kevs method 3 times and it still didn't want to play the game. just disconnected the power to the motor instead.

shame as it both tilts and slides as it should, but i never really saw the great use of a sunroof anyway so no great loss.

Mine has started doing this the last couple of days. Its the first time its been used since I replaced the mech and motor, although all three motors I've tried still only tilt and don't slide. Opens perfectly and smooth when operated manually. :rolleyes: I was going to try Kevs method tomorrow actually. I make a habit of lifting it slightly on the switch before locking the car now.

yeah its worth a bash, if you figure it out let me know!!

theres a video on youtube of some dude whos changed all mechs and motor.

he shows you a different way how to set the motor (granted i didnt try this though)