nas

Cold blowing air

Hi guys another question sorted my leak in the corrado it was the heater matrix leaking what a ball ache of a job

Now this has happened got in the car yesterday put heaters on to warm up inside of the car and it is blowing cold air also the temp gauge shot up pretty quick after 10 mins am i right in saying thermostat has gone?

Any help much appreciated

Nas

most prob an air lock

Whats the best way to get rid of the air block take the screw cap of the expansion bottle and start up engine?

I should have mentioned i did the heater matrix a couple of weeks ago and had no issues up until yesterday

Nas

Check your bottom rad hose. Top one should warm up pretty quickly, and the bottom should stay cold until stat opens at 87 degrees. If it gets warm in line with the top hose then stat is stuck open, therefore constantly cooling which gives you cool air in the cabin unless your stuck in traffic. If it's just an airlock though, run car up to temp with cap off, revving for 30 seconds at 3k rpm, then idle for 30 secs, and massage the hoses to force air out during this time. Keep doing it until the car is up to temp and the fans are kicking in, then switch off, let it cool, top up expansion tank and replace the cap. Job done

Check your bottom rad hose. Top one should warm up pretty quickly, and the bottom should stay cold until stat opens at 87 degrees. If it gets warm in line with the top hose then stat is stuck open, therefore constantly cooling which gives you cool air in the cabin unless your stuck in traffic. If it's just an airlock though, run car up to temp with cap off, revving for 30 seconds at 3k rpm, then idle for 30 secs, and massage the hoses to force air out during this time. Keep doing it until the car is up to temp and the fans are kicking in, then switch off, let it cool, top up expansion tank and replace the cap. Job done

Thanks for your reply mate much appreciated will do this

Nas