karmannski

VR6 Power Steering Recon

Can anyone recomed somone whou recon old power steering pumps?

One of my Vr6 need new one.

Also I heard that can be replaced from Sharan VR6 and fits and work much better, can any one confirm what year of Sharan V6 will tahat be?

Why recon? Readily available replacements in the aftermarket if genuine isn't available. Sharan will be exactly the same. 93-98 I would have thought which was the production years of the AAA engine used in the Golf/Sharan/Vento........ etc. Exactly the same as the ABV anyway.

Should do the job. Its just a mechanical pump at the end of the day. Casting, bearings and seals. Only thing with a budget one is it might not last as long as a high end one with seals or bearings failing earlier. I wouldn't be too concerned though, and as long as it fits well enough you shouldn't have any problems.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time getting one that's "right" - I went through two brand new but aftermarket pumps on my VR both of which had major issues with being noisy (groaning) and quite often making the steering feel extremely heavy when stationary. Eventually swapped to a used but OE pump and it was immediately perfect again!

One was a rebuild unit sourced by my garage, and the one I sourced was from Euro Car Parts - both ****e!

A lot of people have trouble with them being extremely noisy, especially when removing and re-installing the original. Not sure if its bleed procedure or fluid type used, but I had absolutely no problems at all. I did the bleed procedure with the front end in the air though, so had no resistance through the wheels when doing it. I did it without the engine running first as well to get the fluid moving and into the pump.