MZpog

16v and VR6 ISV differences?

I recently bought another ISV from ebay, the seller suggesting it was from a 2.0 16v (my car) but also mentioned VR6. Any way it was cheap so I had it. When fitting it last night I realised the pipe that points forwards was a little larger than the one removed and took a bit of wiggling to fit the elbow. The ISV works a treat (yeah, another spare) but it got me thinking, have I been sold one for a VR6 or possibly a pattern part? The ISV looks like the Bosch one removed but has the larger diameter pipe and is possibly a little slimmer. Unfortunately it doesn't have a part numbers listed.

just about every engine has a separate part no. ISV but I've also found that providing the electrical connector and hoses fit then they perform much the same, they just provide a varying air bleed so you might get a slightly higher or lower idle. I've used a mk3 8v one on a 1.8 16v for years just fine even though the valve and valve head casting is different.