nmahi

16v 2.0 9A Injector test

Hi guys,

Recently got myself a corrado again, trying to test the injectors on the car. I know the old fashion way (same as mk1 golf) but its not working.

1.Bridge fuel pump relay (two major spades)

2.Ignition on

3.Lift metering flap

this is not working ....what am I doing wrong and is this the right test for a 16V 2.0 9A?

if not please tell me how i do it or a link?

I have searched net, but can not find anything

many thanks in advanced....

bobby

Just pull the injectors and sit them in a small plastic bottle or glass jar, then turn the ignition to position 2. Fuel pump will prime and you can observe spray patterns, and see how much each one is putting out by how full the bottle/jar is when it finishes.

Thanks David, I have seen this, but does it work on a 9A corrado? There's another post saying it doesn't?

the 9A should run as kjet in limp mode, so I don't see why not, perhaps the electronc control pressure regulator on the 9A needs power too, the part that replaces the WUR from the basic kjet, I'm sure the 9a sprays just the same on cranking, so you could possibly disconnect the starter and turn the ignition on to see if they spray in the cranking position

Tried this, notice the metering head is getting fuel in but nothing is coming out of the top (into lines). The pin underneth moves freely and the flap works fine.... Any thoughts? Fifth injector is getting fuel & spraying as normal, hence the car trying to start on this.