Wayne2015

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :)

Really nice work on the mirrors, looking great!

This is something I need to do myself, but I'm not to sure about getting the normal ones or the blue versions.

Did you notice any differences besides the look of them?

One positive thing I can imagine, is that the lights of others are less irritating at night.

Thanks bud :)

Will drive the car today (after fitting mirrors) and feedback! :thumb right:

Mine main bugbear was the fact the driver mirror gave the illusion things were different as it is AND its teeny coverage of your side view :( :( :(

Tiger just a thought.

Read somewhere someone had same problem (heating not work).

He just remove mirrors and gave 'corroded' heated contacts a good clean! :thumb right:

Might save u a few pennies/time if that is the problem with yours ...

good work wayne. helpful pics too m8 & thank you for the tip above, i will give that a go with my passenger mirror as the heat works but slowly

Well done Wayne, glad you got them sorted. These are a great upgrade to the C and pretty much remove your blind spots.

good work wayne. helpful pics too m8 & thank you for the tip above, i will give that a go with my passenger mirror as the heat works but slowly

No worries, bud :thumb right:

I had sooooooooo much help on my car from all of u -

Its a great feeling to hear I am helping others too :) :D :thumb right:

Edited by Wayne2015

Well done Wayne, glad you got them sorted. These are a great upgrade to the C and pretty much remove your blind spots.

Thanks Andy :)

U been a brilliant help and full of inspiration for me :o :clap:

Ok,

U know u said "make sure mirrors are PROPER fitted else they might fall off ..."?

Well,

My pssenger one sits perfectly in housing

088F8D0D-DC77-4EDE-AE0C-1F5E6BEE049E-2712-0000056851D3F0A8_zpstq3loqn2.jpg

Driver side looks a bit wonky

F76E8230-9E36-4A14-8D07-6BEBFDB88892-2712-000005684CCF874C_zpsbmtuv8zu.jpg

So thinking what u said

Maybe my driver side not properly fitted to all 4 slots/clips? :shrug:

So popped it out again just now, and re-fitted it...

Ah....better?

E62CE027-5262-4626-B635-A1E8A11BB904-2712-0000056856AB84B0_zpsvry9ldao.jpg

Edited by Wayne2015

Looking at car from front ...

Right side, bottom bolt of radiator is not tighten in :(

932C9607-88E6-498A-A444-C03145A8F6E4-1400-0000024A9B8BD5AE_zpsuxiam0rt.jpg

Radiator left trim not even attached :eek:

A3F6E335-12F5-48F5-8D4B-019F5A2378DE-1400-0000024AA7560A1B_zpsri59a53x.jpg

Driver headlamp - trim behind not screwed in :shocked!:

842B0D9C-A955-4F1A-8004-FECB820CF01A-1400-0000024AAC2A5801_zpsyuyzs7fd.jpg

Causes for the EXTRA vibration when fans are on??? :bonk:

Ok

Car back from garage coz:

1. NEW Radiator not properly secured

2. Horn works from FOG LIGHT SWITCH

3. Fog lights work from horn :eek:

4. Interestingly one HIGH BEAM bulb was not working

- as was for one FOG LIGHT bulb

Garage:

1. Re-assembled these plugs (front of battery)

998AA5F3-7F36-47BB-AB06-138529DE1656-2712-0000056843CCCDA9_zpsgeaxbrq7.jpg

C30FB9F2-7703-4AB3-9E68-4C6F81A848D0-2712-000005684846862E_zpsyz4yahkm.jpg

2. Secured radiator

Look! :dance:

ALL bulbs work now??? :bonk:

0614B224-2CC3-4DC4-9735-E1E29552B2F6-2712-00000568370DBC4C_zpsr7s3dmqk.jpg

Horn works on steering wheel :thumb right:

Fog lights work :thumb right:

But,

Do i have TWO rear fogs???

0207BB85-F421-4810-93D4-279412658012-2712-000005683B943611_zpsiwf4n4lq.jpg

But one of the fog missing a bulb?

Why? :shrug:

8BF4A630-4612-468F-A212-8CD65B022E29-2712-0000057508C80BE9_zpskq5bqqiq.jpg

This is something I need to do myself, but I'm not to sure about getting the normal ones or the blue versions.

One positive thing I can imagine, is that the lights of others are less irritating at night.

Hi bud

Did a drive today - MUCH better vision in driver mirror (less of a blind spot - certainly NOT like looking thru a magnifier glass as before! :eek:) :thumb right:

No idea if heating element ever worked before - hopefully they do work :)

Blue tint gives nice softer look (love them or hate them) - I love them! :)

Not sure night time vision - but will find out tonight! :cool:

Edited by Wayne2015

ALL bulbs work now??? :bonk:

0614B224-2CC3-4DC4-9735-E1E29552B2F6-2712-00000568370DBC4C_zpsr7s3dmqk.jpg

[/img]

Uprated loom required for those amber glow worms

Uprated loom required for those amber glow worms

Lol

No - I decided against - as still don't know how long I get to keep car.

Plus I STILL worried other electrical gremlins might arise due to upgrade :eek: :shocked!:

So playing it safe and financially safe too! ;)

I do have OSRAM Nightbreakers 150% brighter to go in though :thumb right:

PLUS might give the lens a refurb too! :D

STILL worried other electrical gremlins might arise due to upgrade :eek: :shocked!:

Your more likely to cause electrical gremlins (fires) powering the lights through the switch.

Your more likely to cause electrical gremlins (fires) powering the lights through the switch.

What switch?

What switch?

Headlight switch. If you uprate the loom all the switch does is feed a relay, not the power drawn by the lights.

Lol

No - I decided against - as still don't know how long I get to keep car.

Plus I STILL worried other electrical gremlins might arise due to upgrade :eek: :shocked!:

So playing it safe and financially safe too! ;)

I do have OSRAM Nightbreakers 150% brighter to go in though :thumb right:

PLUS might give the lens a refurb too! :D

wayne - in all honesty if you DONT put an uprated loom on the car then your shiny new lights & a lens clean will do, well bugger all really.

in case you were unaware the issue with the standard headlights is due to the way it is wired by VW through the loom.

such that when you click the headlight switch on your dash the voltage travels all the way up the standard loom from the battery to the headlight dash switch & then all the way back down to the light.

this itself causes a drop in voltage when the current finally hits the lights, thus causing the dim candle light performance.

what an uprated loom does is essentially provide a shorter path for the current from battery to headlight & as such the lights receive a healthy voltage from which they can perform well

i have had an uprated loom on my VR for 4+ years & have only had 1 issue which was due to a relay failing in the uprated loom, which i changed & fixed the issue. FYI i have a 3 relay loom which KUR2Y used to provide on here. he used 3 relays for redundancy so as if one fails you still retain side lights, a feature i am unsure is present on a 2 relay loom.

i have also installed one on the gf's storm about 2 years ago with no issue & i plan to put one on my valver when it finally gets its MOT & is back on the road (which is hopefully this week)

i believe you would only get 'gremlins' from an uprated loom if care is not taken when installing it. for example if it is rubbing on something & could chafe

i should also add that with a standard setup, IE factory loom & factory headlight switch, it is possible for the switch to wear out & break (as the plastic rocker fails) or worse there have been cases of the switches shorting due to the heat from the internal bulb & causing a dash fire. (i believe this is what MZpog was referring to)

the latter is a reason to buy one of the group buy headlight switches as they have LED's in them rather than a bulb

an uprated loom with better bulbs is £ for £ one of the best upgrades you can do ;)

Headlight switch. If you uprate the loom all the switch does is feed a relay, not the power drawn by the lights.

:eek:

:shocked!:

Now u scaring me!

wayne - in all honesty if you DONT put an uprated loom on the car then your shiny new lights & a lens clean will do, well bugger all really.

in case you were unaware the issue with the standard headlights is due to the way it is wired by VW through the loom.

such that when you click the headlight switch on your dash the voltage travels all the way up the standard loom from the battery to the headlight dash switch & then all the way back down to the light.

this itself causes a drop in voltage when the current finally hits the lights, thus causing the dim candle light performance.

what an uprated loom does is essentially provide a shorter path for the current from battery to headlight & as such the lights receive a healthy voltage from which they can perform well

i have had an uprated loom on my VR for 4+ years & have only had 1 issue which was due to a relay failing in the uprated loom, which i changed & fixed the issue. FYI i have a 3 relay loom which KUR2Y used to provide on here. he used 3 relays for redundancy so as if one fails you still retain side lights, a feature i am unsure is present on a 2 relay loom.

i have also installed one on the gf's storm about 2 years ago with no issue & i plan to put one on my valver when it finally gets its MOT & is back on the road (which is hopefully this week)

i believe you would only get 'gremlins' from an uprated loom if care is not taken when installing it. for example if it is rubbing on something & could chafe

i should also add that with a standard setup, IE factory loom & factory headlight switch, it is possible for the switch to wear out & break (as the plastic rocker fails) or worse there have been cases of the switches shorting due to the heat from the internal bulb & causing a dash fire. (i believe this is what MZpog was referring to)

the latter is a reason to buy one of the group buy headlight switches as they have LED's in them rather than a bulb

an uprated loom with better bulbs is £ for £ one of the best upgrades you can do ;)

Thanks Andy :thumb right:

OK - now I want to fit the upgrade loom! :bonk:

Stuart:

When u free to help fit mine? - as I already have the "James153" upgrade loom ;)

Thanks Andy :thumb right:

OK - now I want to fit the upgrade loom! :bonk:

no problem wayne.

I thought that if I explained it in full then it would help you understand

take your time when fitting the loom. it is not a difficult job but worth routing the cable as best as possible. this looks much easier when you take the front grille out. also, be careful if using cable ties to secure it along the route - don't want them to tight so that the loom rubs on any sharp edges

no problem wayne.

I thought that if I explained it in full then it would help you understand

take your time when fitting the loom. it is not a difficult job but worth routing the cable as best as possible. this looks much easier when you take the front grille out. also, be careful if using cable ties to secure it along the route - don't want them to tight so that the loom rubs on any sharp edges

Cool Andy! :thumb right:

Yes - the way u explained it deffo made up my mind!

Some things I not confident to tackle however easy they are!

1. Electrics

2. Mechanics

UNLESS I have 2 Corrados (one to tinker with) :lol:

Stuart:

When u free to help fit mine? - as I already have the "James153" upgrade loom ;)

It should be just plug/play but maybe one night so you can test the benefits of illumination.

It should be just plug/play but maybe one night so you can test the benefits of illumination.

:thumb right:

You can get the headlight loom upgrade now that has proper plugs on so it's just a case of plugging the new loom in.

There is only 1 foglight on the rear of the Corrado.

But,

Do i have TWO rear fogs???

But one of the fog missing a bulb?

Why? :shrug:

I'm not sure if someone replied to this, but it's cheaper to design and manufacture one set for both LHD and RHD(just like VW did).

Also, in the Netherlands it's illegal to have two working fog lights at the rear, because they are bight, they can be mistaken for brake lights.

I'm guessing it's the same in the UK, we also got the fog light at the left instead of the right because road position.

Hi bud

Did a drive today - MUCH better vision in driver mirror (less of a blind spot - certainly NOT like looking thru a magnifier glass as before! :eek:) :thumb right:

No idea if heating element ever worked before - hopefully they do work :)

Blue tint gives nice softer look (love them or hate them) - I love them! :)

Not sure night time vision - but will find out tonight! :cool:

Awesome to see you got rid of the magnifier problem, I got the same strange feeling about the stock driver mirror.

My Golf Mk3 doesn't have this problem but I'm not sure what type of mirrors it has.

Now it's deciding if I'm going for a set of blue ones or clear ones, probably going to be blue ones, my car is blue so it will fit them nicely.

If I'm not mistaken, the heated mirrors work via the rear window heater, but I'm not to sure about this.

Great looking car, keep us posted :thumbleft:

You can get the headlight loom upgrade now that has proper plugs on so it's just a case of plugging the new loom in.

There is only 1 foglight on the rear of the Corrado.

:thumb right:

I'm not sure if someone replied to this, but it's cheaper to design and manufacture one set for both LHD and RHD(just like VW did).

Also, in the Netherlands it's illegal to have two working fog lights at the rear, because they are bight, they can be mistaken for brake lights.

I'm guessing it's the same in the UK, we also got the fog light at the left instead of the right because road position.

Awesome to see you got rid of the magnifier problem, I got the same strange feeling about the stock driver mirror.

My Golf Mk3 doesn't have this problem but I'm not sure what type of mirrors it has.

Now it's deciding if I'm going for a set of blue ones or clear ones, probably going to be blue ones, my car is blue so it will fit them nicely.

If I'm not mistaken, the heated mirrors work via the rear window heater, but I'm not to sure about this.

Great looking car, keep us posted :thumbleft:

Cheers bud! :D

Yes - if i remember right, the heated mirrors come on with rear demister :thumb right:

Tiger just a thought.

Read somewhere someone had same problem (heating not work).

He just remove mirrors and gave 'corroded' heated contacts a good clean! :thumb right:

Might save u a few pennies/time if that is the problem with yours ...

I'll give that a go and see if it helps :)

Drove car tonight

New blue-tinted mirrors crystal clear :thumb right:

U right, less dazzling.

Not as dim as if u had rear dimmable rear mirrors - but slightly dimmed :D

CBA01F00-9E60-4270-ABAC-A1CCA72ADD61-3240-0000061166E203B1_zpsgnj2batp.jpg

Edited by Wayne2015