Wayne2015

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :)

Well standard on speedlines for VR is about 36 front 32 rear I think. Well that's what I'm putting in.

Well standard on speedlines for VR is about 36 front 32 rear I think. Well that's what I'm putting in.

Cheers guys!

So best guess - what should my front/rear be?

Just watched Ch4+1: For the love of Cars - Aston Martin DBS - Fantastic car, fantastic ending :clap:

That's what I stick in my 16's. You just need to keep an eye on tread wear and adjust accordingly.

Ok

I just put in 33 front + 32 rear yesterday at a guess.

Rear was well up (can clearly see treads on edges)

Front a little flat (no treads can be seen) - i ll put in 36 at front tomorrow then :thumbleft:

See how it rides and goes around corners and the tyres wear and you'll be good to go. Pressures can vary between the same sized tyres depending on things like side wall strength. So unless you are on original spec tyres then chances are you will need a slight tweet to be right.

Wayne that bulb looks right to me for the heater control. The non-bulb end just pushes in to the centre of that green bit of plastic.

Wayne that bulb looks right to me for the heater control. The non-bulb end just pushes in to the centre of that green bit of plastic.

Cool!

Thanks Andy, will do :thumbleft:

Hi bud

Did a drive today - MUCH better vision in driver mirror (less of a blind spot - certainly NOT like looking thru a magnifier glass as before! :eek:) :thumb right:

No idea if heating element ever worked before - hopefully they do work :)

Blue tint gives nice softer look (love them or hate them) - I love them! :)

Not sure night time vision - but will find out tonight! :cool:

Well

It was 4degrees this morning.

Wing mirrors a little foggy still after 10mins driving - EXCELLENT condition to test if wing mirror heating elements work?

Switched on rear demister - WITHIN seconds BOTH my wing mirrors clear as a bell :thumbleft: :dance: :o

Are the motors fairly quiet - mine are quite noisy - so tempted myself - wonder what it would costs to get sprayed to blackberry - not a colour I would want to attempt myself.

What was it you were saying about the connections being in wrong place and was it an easy fix?

Are the motors fairly quiet - mine are quite noisy - so tempted myself - wonder what it would costs to get sprayed to blackberry - not a colour I would want to attempt myself.

What was it you were saying about the connections being in wrong place and was it an easy fix?

My motors are noisy as hell, Chuggs! :eek:

But think they were like that when I bought her.

U think motor can be refurb?

Dont think a change of mirror glass will fix the motor noise?!!!

Yes, the heating element tabs are in wrong place.

Just a case of cutting out a piece of plastic (making a bigger hole) in the plastic backing plate!

If EVEN Wayne finds it easy - anyone can do it! :thumbleft: :lol:

150AEE2E-A20B-4978-940B-C87A80A57ECC-2158-0000043CAFAEB0F9_zpspfbqzfsa.jpg

7F6F404E-3284-4DAB-A5F9-BD3776223680-2158-0000043CEE1A13A1_zpsxk60gpwq.jpg

CBC9E422-BDBC-40D1-94F2-32A4BA2BB043-2158-0000043D0276483F_zps9w9zwt4o.jpg

Are you keen on keeping the alloys you have fitted, Wayne - or would you be interested in a set of more standard 15" wheels? I've got a set of BBS solitudes in my garden which need a new home, all with Uniroyal Rainsports with years of life left in them, that I'd let go for a good price.

The alloys would benefit from a refurb but are good enough to stick on the car for now.

Are you keen on keeping the alloys you have fitted, Wayne - or would you be interested in a set of more standard 15" wheels? I've got a set of BBS solitudes in my garden which need a new home, all with Uniroyal Rainsports with years of life left in them, that I'd let go for a good price.

The alloys would benefit from a refurb but are good enough to stick on the car for now.

Hi Jim

I was looking to replace my wheels as i think my 17" are too big,

and do like to bring them back down 15".

Also If i was keeping the C as a daily, then any 15" condition would be ideal as a set of winters! :thumbleft:

But as the future of my C is always in doubt (as I always stated not sure how long I ll keep her due to ever changing circumstances) ...

...I will have to decline your kind offer :(

But thanks it is tempting though especially when have decent Rainsports on! :thumbleft:

I have even backed out of those MINT Solitudes I was after on here recently (well suit my C! :o).

But I didnt have the time to collect them :(

Cheers again, Jim :o

Can you walk away after all the time and love you have put into her? Don't think she will let you! Have you ever read the book "Christine" by Stephen King

Can you walk away after all the time and love you have put into her? Don't think she will let you! Have you ever read the book "Christine" by Stephen King

My valver is called Christine because of the book (its red and possessed). Shame she doesn't fix herself.

Yes, I can!

And WITH a conscience! :lol:

U know why?

Coz

In 3-5years time - i will be back with a MINT STORM VR6! :dance:

My valver is called Christine because of the book (its red and possessed). Shame she doesn't fix herself.

:eek:

:shocked!:

My car is STAYING AWAY from yours from now on!

:lol:

Yes, I can!

And WITH a conscience! :lol:

U know why?

Coz

In 3-5years time - i will be back with a MINT STORM VR6! :dance:

possibly wayne - but I bet you will more than likely have to carry out many of the jobs on that as you did this ;) lol

possibly wayne - but I bet you will more than likely have to carry out many of the jobs on that as you did this ;) lol

I will bring u WITH ME to inspect first! :lol:

Beer token, buddy? ;)

With MINT Speedlines for Summer!

And MINT Solitudes for Autumn!

AND most importantly the chain/guides/etc already done!

PS: Preferably 4WD! ;) :lol:

Edited by Wayne2015

I will bring u WITH ME to inspect first! :lol:

Beer token, buddy? ;)

With MINT Speedlines for Summer!

And MINT Solitudes for Autumn!

AND most importantly the chain/guides/etc already done!

PS: Preferably 4WD! ;) :lol:

ha ha ha hope you have a 10K budget then lol

& yes beer tokens (well, cider or rum) gratefully accepted :D

ha ha ha hope you have a 10K budget then lol

& yes beer tokens (well, cider or rum) gratefully accepted :D

Deal! :thumbleft:

Er

Did u say £10k? :eek:

Let me rephrase- "i will be back in 5-8 years..."

ha you mentioned the golden '4WD'!! which naturally means it should be turbo'd too ;)

how I would love something like this in the for sale section http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90441 & a blackberry too :D

Yes saw that!

I like Turbo :)

But also LESS things to go wrong, so NO turbo!

But MUST have a Passat B4 WORKING sunroof with newer round button sunroof control panel! ;)

ha you mentioned the golden '4WD'!! which naturally means it should be turbo'd too ;)

how I would love something like this in the for sale section http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90441 & a blackberry too :D

Apparently this car spent some time in Swindon - maybe she should come back again - if only I had £8500 although that said she probably needs to be owned by someone with some better mechanical skills than myself!