Wayne2015

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :)

Change brake fluid please ????

Fluid should be changed every 3 years max.

Cool :thumbleft:

I got a litre of it from VW - enough?

Also, what about:

1. Bleed master

2. Bleed slave

3. Bleed clutch

4. Bleed ABS pump?

yea ^ lol , even though the clutch shares the same fluid , to bleed the clutch you dont have to replace the entire reservoir of fluid, you can renew the brake fluid yourself easily with the right stuff, syringe and pipe and one man non return valve brake bleeder, would cost you less then £20..

If it's open bin it, it takes on moisture. But would be better than you have at moment.

It doesn't hold much, but if yours is that bad I would be wanting to pump a few litres through before it comes out clear.

Edited by delfinis38

Cool guys

I ll tell garage to replace ALL the brake fluid then.

My bottle is new and unopened ...

you wouldnt need to touch the abs or brake master etc etc at all, you would suck out all the crap fluid in the reservoir with a syringe/pipe, and fill with fresh fluid, you would then attach the one man bleeder to a rear brake bleed nipple and open nipple make sure the pipe goes into a clear container so you can check fluid colour, then you would get in the car and press the brake pedal down and then let it rise , rinse repeat until clear fluid appears into the container , might take 10 -15 pumps? do it slow and take your time! , do this on all four calipers untill you got nice clear fluid comming through, the brake pedal is just a pump and its essentially pumping fluid out and then refilling that fluid from the reservoir when pedal rises, also make sure the fluid is constantly topped up! if its not topped up then eventually it will draw air in through the reservoir, important- place a piece of wood or spacer block etc under the brake pedal before you start so that the brake pedal stops where it normally would when your braking, you dont want the pedal to go all the way to the floor,

you wouldnt need to touch the abs or brake master etc etc at all, you would suck out all the crap fluid in the reservoir with a syringe/pipe, and fill with fresh fluid, you would then attach the one man bleeder to a rear brake bleed nipple and open nipple make sure the pipe goes into a clear container so you can check fluid colour, then you would get in the car and press the brake pedal down and then let it rise , rinse repeat until clear fluid appears into the container , might take 10 -15 pumps? do it slow and take your time! , do this on all four calipers untill you got nice clear fluid comming through, the brake pedal is just a pump and its essentially pumping fluid out and then refilling that fluid from the reservoir when pedal rises, also make sure the fluid is constantly topped up! if its not topped up then eventually it will draw air in through the reservoir, important- place a piece of wood or spacer block etc under the brake pedal before you start so that the brake pedal stops where it normally would when your braking, you dont want the pedal to go all the way to the floor,

Yes

Was doing this with Chris (vag-hag) before.

And i thought - this is more of an art than just simply do it!

So not doing that myself! :eek:

But thanks for the steps :clap:

I would have thought that the first garage should have picked up on it and told you it needed replacing. It seems pretty poor to me. As Chris said though, it's a blessing nothing bad has happened to you or your family!!

Hopefully it's a simple fix now ;)

I would have thought that the first garage should have picked up on it and told you it needed replacing. It seems pretty poor to me. As Chris said though, it's a blessing nothing bad has happened to you or your family!!

Hopefully it's a simple fix now ;)

Thanks Andy :o

Still no word from garage :(

Update from garage:

I had to apply for a THIRD mortgage :(

1. 5 corroded brake pipes + brake fluid change: £270

2. New clutch: £220

3. MOT: Might as well get this done so sell easier? :shrug:

:eek:

:shock!:

:(

220 sounds very good for the clutch though. Carry on like this you will have a new car

220 sounds very good for the clutch though. Carry on like this you will have a new car

Carry on like this and i will commit suicide!

Update from garage:

I had to apply for a THIRD mortgage :(

1. 5 corroded brake pipes + brake fluid change: £270

2. New clutch: £220

3. MOT: Might as well get this done so sell easier? :shrug:

:eek:

:shock!:

blimey riley! you aint had much luck with this motor have you wayne :(

as chuggs said, by the time you're done most of it will be new

I wouldn't be considering selling with all that you have put into it & done m8 - will you seriously be able to cover all (or most of) your costs with a sale?

EDIT: you are not alone in that train of thinking though m8. having just got the valver back on the road it needed a hell of a lot more than I was expecting & I am really not looking forward to the bill for it. especially when I still haven't had the bill for the VR's fuel pump issue & the VR is back in for an oil leak fix despite it being looked at last time. thus ive been having similar thoughts to you but with all that time & money spent on it & the fact I regretted selling the valver so badly last time i don't know if i could do it

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Leave me your car in your will please

Lol

Ok - together with my mortgage debt (all THREE of em!) - lol

blimey riley! you aint had much luck with this motor have you wayne :(

as chuggs said, by the time you're done most of it will be new

I wouldn't be considering selling with all that you have put into it & done m8 - will you seriously be able to cover all (or most of) your costs with a sale?

EDIT: you are not alone in that train of thinking though m8. having just got the valver back on the road it needed a hell of a lot more than I was expecting & I am really not looking forward to the bill for it. especially when I still haven't had the bill for the VR's fuel pump issue & the VR is back in for an oil leak fix despite it being looked at last time. thus ive been having similar thoughts to you but with all that time & money spent on it & the fact I regretted selling the valver so badly last time i don't know if i could do it

Cheers bud :o

But we do know i am Wayne "the UNLUCKY one"! :eek:

I dont think i can survive another big bill :(

Just moved house - spent a fortune on white appliances,

and an annual insurance bill of £1000 is not good for the books! :eek:

Sell, I MUST now :(

Re-couping the almost £6000 I put in will need a miracle!!!

A White corrado is worth it lol

Deal !

She s yours!

Please can u arrange pay my creditors now?

Carry on like this and i will commit suicide!

But first lol

I'm joking my go faster bits have drained me completely at the moment

We both agreed my car is a bit slow lo

Glad you got it back and glad I'm not paying the bill (reasonable as it sounds). You gotta keep it now.

Did you actually view this car prior to buying it dude?! The amount of problems you've had - I accept some are bad luck, but surely some of these issues you would have noticed during the viewing!

But first lol

I'm joking my go faster bits have drained me completely at the moment

We both agreed my car is a bit slow lo

Lol

I know bud :o

Your car is quite fast!

Glad you got it back and glad I'm not paying the bill (reasonable as it sounds). You gotta keep it now.

And No i not...