Wayne2015

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :)

Did you actually view this car prior to buying it dude?! The amount of problems you've had - I accept some are bad luck, but surely some of these issues you would have noticed during the viewing!

I am one of those numpty who just see it and went WOW!

Seriously

Did the basics

Drove for miles on test drive

Tested handbrake all miles etc etc

And NOTHING went wrong (apart from poor bodywork)

Didnt stall once!

Except once on return trip ...

What can I say?

I am one of those numpty who just see it and went WOW!

Seriously

Did the basics

Drove for miles on test drive

Tested handbrake all miles etc etc

And NOTHING went wrong (apart from poor bodywork)

Didnt stall once!

Except once on return trip ...

What can I say?

i guess we all learn from experience wayne.

next time viewing a car take a mechanic with you or spend more time looking at it / underneath it than driving it ;)

seriously though, if you really are in it for nearly 6K then surely it has to be kept rather than flushing that money down the drain. yes it may take more money to get it to the condition of a 6K rado BUT lots of the hard work has been done already.

it would be very easy to sell this one, wait a while to get over the shock, buy a replacement & then find it needs most of what you did to this one done as well

Been on diet for over 12months now..

..lost 2st

Today,

SOD it!

BD2D3021-F57D-4E94-AB0E-8B6C959FD017-459-000000DD9D8CEA60_zpswfqeymyd.jpg

MMMMM now that's the best post you have put on here for ages!! ;) lol

well done on the weight loss, savour your treat m8 :D

..lost 2st

Today,

SOD it!

Arghhhh - now im hungry!

..lost 2st

Today,

SOD it!

I've not been on a diet, but have another hour till lunch and could demolish that right now.....might have to lick the screen.:bonk:

i guess we all learn from experience wayne.

next time viewing a car take a mechanic with you or spend more time looking at it / underneath it than driving it ;)

seriously though, if you really are in it for nearly 6K then surely it has to be kept rather than flushing that money down the drain. yes it may take more money to get it to the condition of a 6K rado BUT lots of the hard work has been done already.

it would be very easy to sell this one, wait a while to get over the shock, buy a replacement & then find it needs most of what you did to this one done as well

I agree

It does feel like literally flushing £6k down the drain by selling.

But I think i rather cut my losses now and start to look forward to the day of buying a MINT low mileage one ...did someone say £6k for a MINT one???

I've not been on a diet, but have another hour till lunch and could demolish that right now.....might have to lick the screen.:bonk:

Lol

U know the area - go and get one in the Granary now!!!

I agree

It does feel like literally flushing £6k down the drain by selling.

But I think i rather cut my losses now and start to look forward to the day of buying a MINT low mileage one ...did someone say £6k for a MINT one???

sounds good in principle wayne BUT even a mint low miler is likely to need lots of £'s spent on it

if it is low miles, even if very well maintained, things like rubbers on running gear, gaitors, rear beam bushes etc etc all deteriorate with lack of use

unless you buy one that has been sat in an air conditioned, humidity controlled bubble & greased & lube'd every few months old cars will ALWAYS need something replacing / refreshing

plus, as you have experience with this one things can look ok on the surface but when you delve in there may be bodge's galore

as i say i understand your predicament & empathise with it m8

sounds good in principle wayne BUT even a mint low miler is likely to need lots of £'s spent on it

if it is low miles, even if very well maintained, things like rubbers on running gear, gaitors, rear beam bushes etc etc all deteriorate with lack of use

unless you buy one that has been sat in an air conditioned, humidity controlled bubble & greased & lube'd every few months old cars will ALWAYS need something replacing / refreshing

plus, as you have experience with this one things can look ok on the surface but when you delve in there may be bodge's galore

as i say i understand your predicament & empathise with it m8

Cheers bud :o

wayne was this part of the diet too.... if so might have to try the diet out.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?90111-CCGB-AGM-April-26th-2015/page6&highlight=gaydon

also lost count of the amount of fish and chips you've had too :)

don't sell the white beast.

Yup! :dance:

:lol:

Diet is simple: what u put in, is what u get :lol:

And MOST IMPORTANT everyone is different!

My diet:

1. 6 days a week - 5mins rowing (i have a rower at home)

2. 6 days a week - 25mins cardio (i do ShaunT s T25 - water downed version of Insanity)

Food wise - i eat the same food as before ...

BUT reduce the portion size and frequency.

So like that breakfast buffet?

I used to go say 6 times a year - now i go twice.

I used to go for 10 rounds of bacon, sausages etc. - now only go for 4.

It simply common sense.

Eat the amount u burn - or just above so u dont gain weight etc

If u go without the diet - then keep it under a month.

So if u go on a 2 weeks hols and not stuck to diet thats fine.

As your body still have a high metabolism - but if u stop dieting for more than 4 weeks - then u start to gain fat .... :eek: :shocked!:

U can be picky with food

Or lose a stone a month

Or count calories

I cant be bother and want a maintainable diet with little change in my lifestyle.

So,

Literally an hour at home exercise (including shower)

And losing slowly 3-4lbs a month is good for me :thumbleft:

And its FREE after initial outlay :dance:

That s just my experience!

Am sure fitness fanatics, weight watchers, atkinson s dieters, 5:2 dieters etc have different opinions ...

Edited by Wayne2015

can we change your thread title to the below pls wayne

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :) - Diet advice now included free of charge

;) PMSL

My advice re: keeping or selling, is sell. If you don't want to spend more, then don't. It is easy to get caught up in the Corrado forum enthusiasm to stick with it no matter what, but if it isn't what you want to do anymore, it is better to call it a day IMO. I'd also say, that if you plan to go for another one some time down the road, I wouldn't unless you teach yourself to be a spanner monkey. The 270 you are about to spend on brake pipes and fluid, is about £20 in parts, maybe £50 outlay initially on tools, so a DIY job for a quarter of the price. I spent a weekend doing all mine a few weeks back, not a totally fun weekend, but very satisfying once finished. I've always worked on the principle that if it costs more for parts and most importantly tools, than getting a garage to do it, then get them to do it. If not, it's a DIY job and everyone is a winner, especially the bank balance. If you've got equally minded mates near by, it gets even easier/cheaper when you can pool resources and tools.

can we change your thread title to the below pls wayne

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :) - Diet advice now included free of charge

;) PMSL

Absolutely!

May i suggest add to the end "optional PREMIUM 121 diet consultation available at discounted members rate!"

Absolutely!

May i suggest add to the end "optional PREMIUM 121 diet consultation available at discounted members rate!"

ha ha ha im glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour m8! :D

My advice re: keeping or selling, is sell. If you don't want to spend more, then don't. It is easy to get caught up in the Corrado forum enthusiasm to stick with it no matter what, but if it isn't what you want to do anymore, it is better to call it a day IMO. I'd also say, that if you plan to go for another one some time down the road, I wouldn't unless you teach yourself to be a spanner monkey. The 270 you are about to spend on brake pipes and fluid, is about £20 in parts, maybe £50 outlay initially on tools, so a DIY job for a quarter of the price. I spent a weekend doing all mine a few weeks back, not a totally fun weekend, but very satisfying once finished. I've always worked on the principle that if it costs more for parts and most importantly tools, than getting a garage to do it, then get them to do it. If not, it's a DIY job and everyone is a winner, especially the bank balance. If you've got equally minded mates near by, it gets even easier/cheaper when you can pool resources and tools.

Totally agree, Tiger :o

Thanks! :thumbleft:

I would still get one

And try my hands on too!

But without a garage nor a drive nor a 2nd car to fall back on -

This is other factors now forces a sale ... :(

ha ha ha im glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour m8! :D

Moi?

Never!

(Wayne slips a couple of sleeping pills ...)

I'll give a £1K for it :cool:

Tempting ....

Is that BEFORE or AFTER i pay the garage £500+ ???

Tempting ....

Is that BEFORE or AFTER i pay the garage £500+ ???

Did you need to ask, I'm from Yorkshire.

I agree totally, these are quite simple cars to work on compared with modern stuff, every day is a school day and what you learn today you'll benefit from another day.

A good way of learning is to take something apart that doesn't matter if you dont put it back together again, I'd recommend buying a car to break it for spares for this reason.

This is the type of car you should have bought

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?90370-Corrado-VR6-Satin-silver