mat ed30

Mat ed30 Ice Grey Violet Pearl Effect VR6

Looking good mate. Some great progress

Thanks also need to change out the rear shocks but lucky i got a full set for it so might try get them on maybe today if I can

Little update I thought as I had new suspension and bushes ready to go on I might as well strip the old lot out to see how bad or good they are. Once stripped it was clear to see all the shock absorbers are dead and had been for some time as when compressed even a small amount I got this i.e completely dead

Fronts

05D624F5-FF7D-4BCE-A5D1-6192B8C2DE8D_zpsz7d1uwac.jpg

Rear

853483D6-4A7C-4853-B3E7-8F112DBF86B4_zpsoa4jwd1s.jpg

And thanks to a forum member sorted out some h&r lowering springs but upon fitting the fronts up the spring caps looked way too small but I though will bolt it up and see but nope they would not work. So after a search and help off this site have gone for these oe part

E229DC5D-4A4A-4251-81D2-CD6C299DECF3_zpsqnxgbntm.jpg

They look loads wider and a tiny bit taller I am hoping this will sort it plus while I was in TPS picked up a genuine oil filter and sump plug and washer

C4232D56-EEA4-472C-82B4-36D1E25DDF0C_zpsn9mm5psn.jpg

So my job tomorrow is get the front end done

Thanks Ian could not have done it without your help mate thank you

Not a problem, just sorry it dragged on a bit - How did it feel on the test drive? (Stance looks good in the pic by the way!).

Ian.

Well set about doing the oil change yesterday to drop the oil filter out to find out my vw filter did not fit for some reason my engine has this type of filter housing

A05689BE-7EF6-4018-AE35-C8A2D303073A_zpsgt8psgvs.jpg

Looking at it I am sure this is wrong and is this from a later vr6 engine ? I noticed a crack in the cage anyway so I thought I best check at vw what my engine should have

I thought mine should have had this style fitted

306A3F26-2104-4B07-BEF7-F241C71B4EAB_zps19f4anlp.jpg

Got lucky vw was showing 1 available so it came today but noticed on collecting it the bolt that goes into the bottom is taller so stuck that on order too £12 for a bolt wtf

Edited by mat ed30

Next job today was to sort out my fogs as I had a stone hit mine and destroy it so managed to pick some up off a forum member so fitted it and it would not work at all so tried another bulb still nothing so thought I would see if the bulb was getting any power and it was getting nothing :scratch: cleaned everything and still nothing so plugged in the original fog light and it worked :scratch: so matched that with the new fog light

9E9B17BB-D3DA-45D1-9A70-8828CCBE98B8_zpsojkw4u2s.jpg