Wardyblade

Lumpy running, help needed

Greetings, Forgive me as I'm not a particularly mechanical minded but I am having a problem with my 92 corrado vr6.

The problem comes after I've been driving it for a little while, it suddenly goes lurchy and the only way I can describe it is being lumpy. The thing is once this happens I know that if I stop the car then try and restart it it won't, it just ticks over and refuses to start.

My thinking was that this has something to do with the fuel system, however, I've had a new fuel filter, cleaned the injectors, ran an Emissions test which came back as perfect and can hear the fuel pump working when it won't start.

The other odd thing is that after a lumpy moment it cut out on a junction. It refused to restart after many attempts and I had to leave it at the side of the road. However when I went back in the morning it started first time and got me home fine.

The other thing is that it is firing and sparking fine so I don't think it's from the ignition. Sometimes it doesn't start first time and takes several seconds whirring over to start but not always. Also I don't think their are any leaks on the fuel lines.

Anyhow, I would greatly appreciate any advise or pointers. Has anyone had a similar issue? What was the cause? I eagerly await any suggestions

Thanks

Mike

Take a look in my old thread here:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=82988

If it's related to hot start only - this surely might be the problem - I tried lots of things before trying this (with an ebay non-return valve - make sure it's the correct size) - never had any start problems after this fix....

I didn't cut the original line - only got some fuel hose, put the non return valve on and connected the original line onto the valve.

Crank sensors usually cause trouble when they are hot. Normally it's the sensor that's OK but the loom running between it and the plug tends to break down has insulation problems. A new sensor assembly may cure it.

It is also common for it to fail and not show a code.