Gwr vr6

Thoughts please on these rims

Looking at these in 17 inch very good cheap price on fleebay , just a bit concerned with center bore size 17 5x100 et35 7.5 j [ATTACH=CONFIG]80958[/ATTACH]

They are audi rims are they not?

Should be quite expensive unless they are a replica, I don't like replica wheels, I just imagine they are made from old 1950's tin toys.

Probably fine but i know on the roads i use they would be square after a few months.

Yeah they'll work......if you respray the car in "Audi A3/A4/A5/A6 TDI S-Line with the gunmetal wheel option ticked" white :D

Actually they might suit the Rado.

Lol mr bacon . I quite like them to be fair . And I'm going dark rim as there is a good few bits of carbon on the car . And yes they are reps mate but it's the wife's car she never takes it over 2200 rpm miss daisy fella . I have a go once in a while as I do find the car quite nimble tbh . But it will never get ragged . My Clio is for that . Seeing a paint man tomorrow for price on respray and brake caliper refurb see what he has to say

I'm just trying to get the car to a slightly different look

Tbh . Rarther than bbs etc . Nice set of 17 ronal turbo would be good but loads a money

Agree with Kev - think they may work on the Corrado. The car does generally suit chunky 5 spoke wheels but that said they may look too 'modern' - there's only one way to find out. Be a pioneer and get them ordered ;)

Hey what a coincidence! I have been thinking about changing from RS4s to those EXACT rims over the past week! I was looking in an alloys shop, spotted them in 5x100 17" on the display, and really liked the look of them. That's exactly why I came on the forum today, to check out comments and suggestions for 5-spokers (I don't like speedlines). Jim please let's see that pic you're doing for Gwr. Mine is aqua blue, but seeing them on the green one will do! I just liked the look of these when I saw them, not realising til later that they belong on an Audi TTRS!

I've just been to a good alloys shop, since my last post this morning, who sell and refurbish rims. The owner is experienced and knowledgable, and soon changed my mind about those cheap Chinese TTRS replicas, cos he says they're crap basically. So it turns out that the current wheels (on the car since buying from VeeDubHev), are good quality, and I've decided to go for a full refurbishment including straightening out buckles. I'll end up with much better quality wheels (than those pictured by OP), which will look fantastic, even though I do think those TTRS style ones would look really good too.

I've just been to a good alloys shop, since my last post this morning, who sell and refurbish rims. The owner is experienced and knowledgable, and soon changed my mind about those cheap Chinese TTRS replicas, cos he says they're crap basically. So it turns out that the current wheels (on the car since buying from VeeDubHev), are good quality, and I've decided to go for a full refurbishment including straightening out buckles. I'll end up with much better quality wheels (than those pictured by OP), which will look fantastic, even though I do think those TTRS style ones would look really good too.

What wheels have you got on that you are going to get refurbed?

I agree to an extent however there are plenty of replica wheels that are acceptable in terms of quality. They wont be as good as the likes of BBS or OZ but then Ive seen them crack and buckle before as well. With and size seems to have a bearing on it as well.

If your current wheels are good quality then you could question why are they buckled?

Try and see if WSP do these as they are Italian made and appear to be close to OEM quality.

Theyre 17" RS4 replica, 9-spoke ones, photo attached to my next post.

They might have been on the car for 10 odd years I reckon. I only have the car 2 and a half years. I guess the ones that are buckled may have got a hard knock at some stage, but they have quite a few miles under their belt at this stage anyway, so maybe just age. However the Alloys guy said they were a better wheel than a lot of the crap on the market now, and I'm no expert so I'll take the advice of a respected and trusted expert in the trade! So, worth spending money on refurbishing. I'm putting a new set of 215/40-17s on them (previously 205/40-17s) so I hope that'll work out ok.

Edited by DSLDave

Link wont work for me for some reason but I think I know the ones you may mean - and I like them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80974[/ATTACH]

Maybe this will work - photo of the Corrado with the RS4s

Edited by DSLDave

Those RS ones do suit the Corrado. I would stick with 205/40 myself to keep it as close to original rolling radius.

The 215s have already been ordered for me. Would you be concerned about rubbing (car already 40mm lower), or speedometer error, or just form a 'purist' point of view? Speedometer already reads slightly over (as is the case in pretty much any car anyway), so slightly larger radius might even correct that error I suppose. I suppose an error in the milometer would be something you wouldn't want.

I just checked an online calculator now, which says the difference in speed/milometer reading between the 215s and 205s is 1.3%. Tolerable, or not?

Are 215/40-17 unusual, and/or potentially problematic for a Corrado, do you think?

Generally for 17's people use 205. If you look at the tyre calculator you should compare to a 205/50/15 as that's the std tyre size. 205/40/17 is slighty bigger than that IIRC.

Generally for 17's people use 205. If you look at the tyre calculator you should compare to a 205/50/15 as that's the std tyre size. 205/40/17 is slighty bigger than that IIRC.

Yes I just checked, you're right. So is it potential rubbing issues then? Have you heard of 215/40s on a 17"?

You might be okay but Id see if you can change them for 205's. 215 will slow the acceleration down a little more as well but as you say will be slightly more comfortable.

You might be okay but Id see if you can change them for 205's. 215 will slow the acceleration down a little more as well but as you say will be slightly more comfortable.

The main factor that made me let the dealer sway me to the 215s is that they should protrude a little over the rim (he says), whereas the 205s were stretched and left the rims very prone to kerb-scraping while parking, no matter how careful one tries to be. I'd hate to mess up my newly refurbed rims with a few stupid scrapes!