MZpog

Is that a 50mm intake under your bonnet or are you pleased to see me?

At last my Xmas present from her indoors got fitted to my 2.0 valver.

I was a little worried from reports that I'd lose loads of torque, but can honestly say it must be a small amount lost if any as it doesn't feel much different, that is until it gets to 4k RPM when it feels a much better and pulls harder. Would I recommend this modification, yes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81053[/ATTACH]

Before

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81054[/ATTACH]

After

I've had mine sat on the bench since September.. After reading your post, Its next on my long list of things to do!:thumbleft:

Scott

I've got one that I should be fitting in next couple of months.did you have any prob changing it.mines going on a 1.8 ,I've got new gaskets and injector seals

Edited by carrots

I've got one that I should be fitting in next couple of months.did you have any prob changing it.mines going on a 1.8 ,I've got new gaskets and injector seals

No problem at all as my mechanic mate did it, lol. Seriously it's bolt off/bolt on but you may as I did, want to replace all gaskets and injector seals at the same time.

yeah theyre a bolt on job no bother , just make sure the injector inserts and seals are new as old ones will be brittle

I had one sat in my shed for about a year after my Valver was totalled. I offered it on here a couple of times for I think a tenner posted!

No one even wanted it at that price, so I binned it in the end.

Shame a post like this didn't happen at the time, as I'm sure someone would have benefited from it. :shrug:

i only bought the one ive got as its polished,not sure if i should spray it with clear coat to protect it

i only bought the one ive got as its polished,not sure if i should spray it with clear coat to protect it

Just buy shares in autosol :o

I got mine powder coated to avoid the need for polishing. Also replaced the inserts and o rings - fitted in order as per Steveo'.

I also fitted the 50 mm inlet plus the KR inlet cam last weekend, proper treat with my decat and chipped it seriously shifts now, I also did not notice the torque difference.

Edited by Cong