E2-SAW

VR6 Rear Calipers - Same as what else?

Just bought a set of rear calipers from ebay listed for a 91-95 Corrado VR6.

The company messaged back saying their are different variants for the Corrado Vr6.

Now stating Iv bought the wrong calipers and the right ones are more expensive and are listed for a Mk4 TDI.

I've told them I'm not paying any extra as I am of the understanding all Corrado VR6 rear calipers are the same

Am I right in saying the above, or is there an alternative for them?

What else is the same fitment rear caliper as a Corrado VR6?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Yes, i think your right, all corrados had the same rear brakes, and i do believe they are the same as mk3 golf gti's/VRs, Probably other models as well.

I was looking for new carriers recently and did notice the left and right side had different part numbers.

You can upgrade the rear calipers for items from a mk4 golf, they are alloy, so lighter and corrode less, They also fit using standard corrado carriers.

Thanks Jim. I did think they were all the same.

The Mk4 upgrade was considered, but is a little more expensive and we'd need to buy new brake hoses as well. We already have braided items fitted so didn't want to go down the route of changing them over again.

The corrado ones will be up to the job for now.

Thanks mate

UPDATE

So rather than send me the calipers, they have given me two options. Here are pictures.

I don't have the car with me at the moment to check - anybody able to tell me what ones are for a Corrado??

CD2B76DF-D2A3-49B5-9EB2-733A6C3D3B34.png

1DD0F15B-1004-4A36-8FD2-64829AFB3325.png

UPDATE

So rather than send me the calipers, they have given me two options. Here are pictures.

I don't have the car with me at the moment to check - anybody able to tell me what ones are for a Corrado??

CD2B76DF-D2A3-49B5-9EB2-733A6C3D3B34.png

1DD0F15B-1004-4A36-8FD2-64829AFB3325.png

The top one appears to be correct for the c, the bottom appears to be mk2 golf

Seems like the crowd have f**ked up with the listing.

'There are 2 options avaliable for a VR6' and they showed the listing for a Vr6, a 2.0 16v and also a 2.0 8v - all having the same 2 options.

Appears that it is laziness of the list from the supplier as they are listing the 4 stud and 5 stud options on both the same cars.

Company have admitted fault though and are sending VR6 calipers at the price of 2.0 16v - so happy days

Lilfuzzer price dependant I could be interested, as they could come in handy later and also the fella I share the Corrado with has a Mk4