simone.IT

wiring r32 dbw pedal

Hi all guys, i did a search but i didn't found how can i wire a dbw gas pedal from a mk5/a3 3.2v6 to its ecu on my rado. is it direct from pedal to ecu or from pedal to throttle body?

thanks very much, Simone

Direct from dbw pedal to 3.2 ecu. Are you using the 3.2 loom? Shouldn't need to touch that part of the loom, I'm using an a3 engine fyi

thank you swiftkid, this is a good thing!! i've got an audi a3 bdb engine with engine loom, ecu a friend of mine have to give me his one from his ex r32 bub rado (ecu is ready to run but i think needs work for run on bdb or not?)

i need the interior loom but i think i wil buy stancedub harness, anyone buoght it before?

Havnt heard of stancedub harness, I got the interior loom so converted it myself. I don't know about mixing and matching, was told all sorts of stuff about reflashing ecu's when mine popped but I went for the safe option and bought like for like

The interior loom, which is the power supply (MAF, Lambdas, ECU etc) and pedal loom, often gets chopped by careless breakers as it goes inside the car.

If you're using a BDB engine or a BUB, you will need a floor mounted pedal. If you're using a MK4 engine, you can use either a floor one or a bulkhead one.

Build thread is in my signature, not a whole lot of info but soon be updating it when car gets moved to its new home... at my home :)

Kev, I've got the hanging pedal to work on my A3 engine, got a pedal from a similar year 1.8t and plugged it in and works a charm! Was properly chuffed, just need to change the pins and plug across as they were different.

Yea, I had a bit of trouble getting it to work and tried a couple of pedals and wiring variations. I looked at the wiring diagrams and luckily the a3 is different to the mk5 wiring, or at least the diagram says so!

They are similar but not the same I don't think, the a3 is such a mongrel of an engine. If you search for rubjonny on clubgti or edition38 he has a link in his sig for all the wiring diagrams. I've got them all somewhere but I'm mid house move so they are packed up somewhere