zygalski

VR6 - buyer waiting

Hi.

I have a healthy budget so if you own an excellent/vgc example, maybe want to part with it for top money & live in mainland UK then I'd be interested. I can buy immediately upon inspection & test drive if yours is the right one.

My criteria are pretty simple:

1. Standard, unmodified VR6 or Storm - don't mind
  2. Leather Interior preferred
  3. Documented evidence of timing chain/clutch replacement
  4. Any colour apart from yellow
  5. No rust. Nothing other than very minor bodywork damage
  6. Service history. At a minimum going back 5 years or so
  7. All electrics working inc. spoiler & sunroof

Please PM me if interested.

Many thanks.

Edited by zygalski

Pm kipvw he has arguably the best vr in UK for sale. Your budget will need to be strong though

Agree... Think the VR was in the region on 13k and the nugget about 8k but don't quote me...

Low mileage vr's come up occasionally on the car and classic site... I regular look at the classic car sites as I'm after a lancia delta.

Multi concourse winning cars cost top money though. I'm sure he'd be willing to negotiate a little though, but even so it's likely to be out of reach for most. Examples like that need to stay with people who will continue that kind of dedication as well.

Thanks chaps.

I'm just after one that is fairly low mileage & in overall excellent/vgc, not a concourse example with 50 wins under its belt.

Seen good VR6s sold for between £3000-£6000. That's the kind of car I'd like.

Still looking.

One that has a documented history of the timing chain & clutch being done within the last few years would be ideal.

I think you need to take something off your original list rather than add more on if you've not found something suitable in 4 weeks.

I think Kip wants £14K for his, its one of a very few cars that qualifys for your exacting list of requirements and is for sale?

I think you need to take something off your original list rather than add more on if you've not found something suitable in 4 weeks.

I think Kip wants £14K for his, its one of a very few cars that qualifys for your exacting list of requirements and is for sale?

Fair enough. Have edited my original post.

It seems like there are a fair few about in the 120-150k bracket, yet the ads don't mention the timing chain/clucth jobs being done.

Was quoted about £2k for that job alone. Off-putting to say the least, especially as no doubt several other things would need looking at on any 20 year old VW.

Fair enough. Have edited my original post.

It seems like there are a fair few about in the 120-150k bracket, yet the ads don't mention the timing chain/clucth jobs being done.

Was quoted about £2k for that job alone. Off-putting to say the least, especially as no doubt several other things would need looking at on any 20 year old VW.

Chains kit and a clutch kit around £600, plus 8 - 10 hours or so labour

Oh yeah, no doubting Corrados are a bit of a bargain if you're a home enthusiast mechanic. I'd want the job done properly by someone with a great reputation who's done it dozens of times before, and the quote I was given reflected that.

Thanks chaps.

I'm just after one that is fairly low mileage & in overall excellent/vgc, not a concourse example with 50 wins under its belt.

Seen good VR6s sold for between £3000-£6000. That's the kind of car I'd like.

I had to pay just over £6k for my low mileage one in December. Think the decent original low mileage ones seem to be getting better money lately. Although the poor girl had that blimin sand rain fall on her last weekend (stupidly left her out as the weather was so nice) so I know what my job is tomorrow

Although the poor girl had that blimin sand rain fall on her last weekend (stupidly left her out as the weather was so nice) so I know what my job is tomorrow

Yep, 1st job for me too tomorrow morning!

Ian.

Not sure if its my 1st, 2nd or 3rd yet lol - that said its the most important!