delfinis38

coolant problem ????

without putting ideas into people mouths...

what do you guys make of this ???

engines only done 41K, flushed the coolant and changed to G13 about a year ago (I guess the red coolant is more obvious at showing muck).... is it just muck from the radiator floating on top where its not been flushed correctly ??? or something more sinister.

I've always had a few droplet of water on the oil filler cap... but a common symtoms in winter of an engine not getting up to temperature and never used.

WP_20150402_11_19_14_Pro_zpsej93uwft.jpg

over to you guys.

Is it rusty scummy looking water, I can't see on the pic? If so its pretty normal. Cast block makes for messy coolant. I've flushed mine loads and it still looks mukky

Is it rusty scummy looking water, I can't see on the pic? If so its pretty normal. Cast block makes for messy coolant. I've flushed mine loads and it still looks mukky

I guess this one doesn't help any more :)

it's red coolant... well I'm sure it was purple when I put it in :) with white bits (clouds) floating on the top.

engine is toatally original never been taken apart apart from liquids change oil / coolant / filter.

whether its just something im noticing because it was a dark green coolant before.

WP_20150402_11_19_04_Pro_zps7i5tma7s.jpg

thats the one chris. i have changed the radiator in my VR & noticed a while ago that the coolant looked mucky even though all the coolant was only changed a couple of thousand miles ago

delfinis - how does the car run in terms of temps etc? if it is all normal i wouldnt worry about it

thats the one chris. i have changed the radiator in my VR & noticed a while ago that the coolant looked mucky even though all the coolant was only changed a couple of thousand miles ago

delfinis - how does the car run in terms of temps etc? if it is all normal i wouldnt worry about it

I've flushed my car with water for hours, wynns rad flush, the orange flush from vw and after a few months its gone cloudy again. Thats also after putting a new rad in as well. So I guess that's just the vr block for you.