KeVR

Getting to know my BB VR

Even had the missus mucking in yesterday Chris, the car is slowly winning a place in my heart just gonna have to remortgage to finish it lol...

Haha bud the dedication that is going in now will create a wonderful motor mate in am amazing colour. looking forward to a natter at the weekend and give you back your hat!!

Nice looking build fella. Wish mine was moving along quite as quick!!

Tonight, I almost got some parts closer to maybe almost be ready to possibly go to paint some time soon ish

Crust battery tray, worst part of the car:

20150409_131844_zpsjcakmykk.jpg

20150409_145950_zpsp8fiasrd.jpg

20150409_175456_zpsppqdav0z.jpg

20150409_180829_zpse9cjchle.jpg

All dressed off now and ready to have the replacement from breakers fitted,

Some holiday I'm having, back to work Monday...

Watching this in amazement the lengths you are going to with the car is amazing you did say everything you have has to be proper mint and also im sure you are thoroughly going to enjoy it

Also it's lucky to be still on the road and not wrote off as the discovery had a running with a class 1 Arctic while parked up at work and dragged it down lane for me if it had been corrado it would have been destroyed by it so at minute driving round in a 64 plate merc e class

Alan good to know your all OK and that no one was hurt, I hadn't planned on going this deep into the C "yet" but one thing has lead to another, the mk2 auto was sold to free up some much needed funds to allow me to start banging on with this..

I'm never gonna recoup the cash I'm throwing at it (unless I sell it across the pond) but this is a definite keeper and will be cherished, it's quite sad that all the cars documented history has been misplaced over the years as someone has spent a lot of money on parts and previous corrado club merchandise is a dead giveaway that it was once an enthusiasts car.

Hopefully the cars history will start here and I can keep a running journal to document its build.

The engine will be back out come winter for a full rebuild, would love to do it now but I'm really missing the engine note... T4s just don't have that nostalgic feel...

Why don't you go the full hog when you pull engine back out in winter and turbo it or super charge it the engine note is addictive

Gladly the discovery is not written off its been repaired by insurance lucky for me was devastated

Great news (hope you're getting a new front bumper in the deal), strong as an ox.

I'm not one for 0-60 been there done that, I just want a well sorted, solid VR to frequent shows and just enjoy waxing for sunny days lol.

Also met a couple forum members who are well clued up and great craic, it could be a problem that this car is very addictive and I have no idea how far I will go.

But without letting too much away I do have plans for another, though this one is a rolling shell so will be messed about with.

I have got the the fog light surrounds now so bumper is all good with them back in I am enjoying

It will be deffinetly a well sorted car when you have finished have you tried the other rims on yet

Massive thanks to Tony (thegolfman)for passing this on, something I should have done never did:

ce5b1f6dd21ebe27bbf936366fa25d9c_zpsxizezrrd.jpg

Also mileage checks out on Vosa history, gonna contact DVLA and get a list of previous keepers to see if I can get some response. Someone somewhere might just be holding on to the history (I did it with a Jetta 16v that the insurance took after it was stolen, years later I was able to pass it on).

I did Tony but got very little feedback infact I gave it two weeks or so and gave up lol.

I did speak with Stylehause who painted it for them during the build, and he said it was painted as the edges of the wings were just staring to show signs of age and the body had a few age related marks in line with everyday use.

Other than that he had nothing to report, since taking the wings off it is very clear that someone has spent alot of time rolling and pulling them as the finishon the inside is fantastic and fully sealed.

That would be spot on Tony...

Little update though they may slow down, back to work Monday....

20150410_171429_zpsqy76rwgn.jpg

20150410_200250_zpsvvlrce0i.jpg

20150410_200301_zpsdtw25xz9.jpg

20150410_202641_zpslxduptig.jpg

20150410_213922_zpsbt2iiijd.jpg

20150410_214716_zpsqdnx9lcw.jpg

Gonna seam sealer it then a couple coats of 2k filler primer prior to paint... No bodge at all, hate the stuff.

What a pig of a day I've had, head of bolt sheared off on the wishbone /subframe bush captivating it 8n such a way it was impossible to get out.

Angle grinder armed with a 1mm disc soon sorted it, every bolt have had to have oxy placed on them to get them going... I'm not joking this car is fighting me at every given chance..

Gonna compile a list before I drop all the gear off for blasting and powder coating

Shopping list is getting HUGE and I haven't so much as looked at the engine yet .

That's a common swine that bolts. Near side yeah?

Ended up having to cut it out and get heat thriugh the captive nut from inside the mounting.

The water that was just sitting inside the chassis rail was unreal. Lucky enough it ran clear so no sign of corrosion.

Strangely enough it was the O/S,

Ended up having to cut it out and get heat thriugh the captive nut from inside the mounting.

The water that was just sitting inside the chassis rail was unreal. Lucky enough it ran clear so no sign of corrosion.

Strangely enough it was the O/S,

Crikey o/s is protected by sump too. Mine was kept lubricated by a leaky engine so flew out :). The n/s however. What a beast!!

I'm enjoying your thread btw mate :)

If it makes you feel better I've snapped one clean off before on my old mk2 VR. Sump side...

I bought a second hand subframe for £30 and fitted that. Still a pain in the arse. ****ing hate captive nuts...

Got a little bit more done last night, work is swallowing my time making it difficult to crack on at the pace I'd like. Excuse the seam sealer but I don't want this one rusting out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81357[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]81358[/ATTACH]

Been busy back at graft so progress slowed down somewhat, not to mention the slush fund starting to dry up lol...

Stuff like timing chain kits, clutch kits, new spray guns and other stuff I hadn't planned into my budget is killing me but what the hell.

The VR is being built as a keeper so not counting the cost.

Anyways some further developments include powder coated running gear, N/S wing all repaired and painted, engine out and stripped, front panel cut n shut to replaced rusty section.

20150425_212047_zpsxd0mmyb9.jpg

20150425_221407_zpsg9qdaiid.jpg

20150426_184744_zpsprujxv5d.jpg

20150430_164502_zpsj8izqc4g.jpg

Had no idea the VR front panel was different to the late 16v, mine was starting to rot from the inside out (only found when blasting with media) massive shout to Chris who has been pretty much focal in helping me out with advice and parts during my build.

Forgot also started replacing all the brake pipes with the OEM quality ones, I must add what a fantastic fit these are.

2015-05-01%2013.41.33_zps3sqmfd9l.jpg

20150502_194349_zpsb5vrutf4.jpg

More to come....