seb9316

Hello, question about purchase price

Hi all- I am new to the site, but not new to VWs, my family has owned an aircooled 1969 type 1 since brand new! As such I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for VWs, and one of my favorites has always been the Corrado--love the looks, styling, etc. Probably my favorite water-cooled of them all (except maybe the early Rabbit/ Golf!)

Anyways I have been kind of skimming ads recently for anything for sale around my area, and came upon this one:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/4922045154.html

It's definitely within my budget but being relatively new to the Corrado scene I'd like to know what the experts think-- decent deal? Thanks much!!

Hi,

This being a UK site it is difficult to gauge prices in other countries but if the mileage is genuine the it looks a good buy.

The supercharger needs rebuilding every 30/40k miles which will cost you $600 approx, the window not working could be the switch, window regulator or a wiring fault.

Perhaps view it and ask again if you want more advice?

Ian.

I don't care where in the world that is, with that mileage and if in good overall condition, that's a bargain! Definitely worth checking over though as low mileage cars can come with their own problems, especially if it was laid up for a long period.

I think supercharger rebuilds were recommended every 60k if it's on standard pulley as well. Smaller pulley = higher charger rpm which means shorter maintenance intervals for obvious reasons.

If the mileage is genuine then that seems a good price. But look at the overall sale and decide whether it appears genuine. The advert and black wheels don't scream to me the sort of owner to have and keep a low mileage car. So check for other supporting history.

Apart from that check the usual things such as rust, service history, do all other electrics work, heater fan, sunroof, spoiler, heater matrix, etc.

But if genuine and it all checks out then it seems a good price, although I am basing that on UK prices. I don't know US prices but it would still seem good.