Parptoot

Blue Corrado Storm wanted

Hello all,

As per my newbie post here - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90667 I am now on the look out for a nice Corrado Storm, in blue.

I understand the hang-up about the storm is perhaps a little narrow minded but I've had the 'normal' VR6 and when I bought that it was the storm i wanted but they were out of reach.

My current car is for sale and I thought I'd have to sell that first but it seems I could gather the cash together from here and there.

I'm basing my budget on what I've see on the usual places like Piston heads, Auto trader and the dreaded E-bay.

While I have a budget, I feel revealing it could taint the experience so I'd like to see what's about via live adverts or through private messages on here.

So, what's out there? Who's toying with the idea of selling up?

I realise that these are not new cars now and some maybe looking a little tatty round the edges. I'm open for anything really, I have budget to tidy up a scabby one (within reason!) and there's room for a fully sorted one.

What I really DON'T want is -

Boomy exhaust systems

Heavily modified cars

Different engine transplants

You get the idea.

I have no issues with -

different wiper arms (Lupo?)

Coilovers - If a decent make, Bilstein etc.

Quiet aftermarket exhaust systems

Uprated speakers (no subs in boot though)

You see where I am with this, little trinkets and nice mods etc are ok. There you are then, let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Mike.

No one? :(

Before I go looking at non Storms, anyone thinking about the idea of selling? PM me with your thoughts and possible sale price and I'll tell you yay or nay but I have a good budget.

On a slight tangent, it does seem strange that far more green Storms come up for sale than the blues considering presumably there are similar numbers of both still going. Maybe I'm imagining things though.

The Storm's mostly badging.... you could always go for a leathered-up blue & it would certainly give you more choice re history, mileage & overall condition.

I am in the process of eyeing up a couple of non Storms as we speak. E-mails have been exchanged. I'm an impatient man :)

Having said that, neither are blue! Only the Storm HAS to be blue purely because I didn't want the green Storm.

I had a green RS4 last year and although I liked it if I got another green car I'd end up a single man

Think of that as an added bonus, you can spend on the car without the whine in your ear! Haha!

On a slight tangent, it does seem strange that far more green Storms come up for sale than the blues considering presumably there are similar numbers of both still going. Maybe I'm imagining things though.

The Storm's mostly badging.... you could always go for a leathered-up blue & it would certainly give you more choice re history, mileage & overall condition.

That's pretty much what I've been seeing during my short search. I really should wait for a blue storm but if one doesn't come up soon I'll be heading down the non-storm route. I really wish I were more patient.

Maybe some of the green storms are mock ups to help sell classic green vrs? Just a thought.....

Cough........

I know exactly how you feel as I wanted a Mystic Blue Storm. Fortunately I got one from a member off here. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I knew I could make it what I wanted.

The problem, as I'm sure your aware, with Mystic Blue Storms is they just don't come up for sale very often so, unless your very patient, you have to take what comes along & unless it's a right dog & providing you have the time & money you can make it the car you want.

As I type mine is in the body shop in the process of a fairly comprehensive restoration. Phase 1!!

I've got a mystic storm, tbh to begin with I wanted a green car but really didn't like the tan interior.

Luckily a blue car came up for sale on here and was only 3 hours away, it was the first ar I saw and I just had to have it.

Even though I've had a few serious problems with it (had to replace engine) I absoluty love it.

Just my opinion, I know folk say a storm is just a normal VR with badges but I do think that the general public believe they are something a little bit special and I think even though it's just a couple of badges they will always catch a little bit of a premium.

Keep looking mate, one will pop up at some point...however it won't be mine...lol

Rog.

Isn't there a blue one under classifieds - looks blue although it does have cream interior

I like the appeal of the Storm only colour with the blue I must admit and from a resale point of view its a bonus as people do tend to seek them out first.

If you intend on keeping for a while then I wouldn't worry to much but as you admit on past history you will sell on fairly quickly.

Nope, it's got to be blue. One has been mentioned/offered but has gone again, so I'm all prepared. I still have an normal VR6 to view on Sunday but I got so much more excited when the Storm was mentioned.

250 made in blue, some scrapped, some in the ether never to be seen, some unaware of what they have. There MUST be a good number on here that at least a few of you are even thinking about selling :)

Ok, lets talk budget....There's a few for sale on the tinterweb

On Auto trader

95 N 125,000 miles

VW S/H

All books and original manuals

Looks good in pictures, no rust or bangs.

£4000

On Auto trader

95 N 124,000 miles

VW+ Indy S/H

Looks good in pictures, no rust or bangs.

£4,495

On sale here (PMd this chap before I realised it was green)

95 N 145,000 miles

90% VW S/H

Looks good and tidy

£3,695

Without seeing these in the flesh I'd say from the description that they were generally tidy, well looked after cars that may need one or two little jobs doing. I'm prepared for that, after all, they're not new cars. A bit of touching up maybe, scuffed wheels, worn leather.

So it looks like £3,600 - £4,500 gets a good usable Storm with 100,000 miles plus. I'm not at all fussed about mileage. I'm all about condition here.

I'd happily go to £5,000 for a sorted car that fits the bill. If there are a number of jobs to do then this should of course be reflected in the price and that should be south of the £5k mark, again, based on what's currently for sale and how long they've been up for.

Now I'm not in ANY way saying they're all worth this much, I'm sure there are some stunners out there worth a lot more but I'm after a car that's been used and driven in the way it was designed. I don't plan to pay out for a stunning garage queen, it'd be wasted on me because I'd be driving it 50% of the time, shared with my other car.

Any more out there?

Thanks,

Mike.

Good budget and good attitude to what you want. Good luck with your search mate, even if you have dismissed the best colour Storm! :p :lol:

Its not blue but The Green one at £4495 looks like a lovely car - good luck finding a blue one im sure if you wait it will come up. Even standard VR6 you only see a handful around at anyone time and only 2 or 3 good ones

Any more out there?

Thanks,

Mike.

Just take a look at the for sale ads on here over the last year or 2 to gauge availability. Blue Storms & regular VR6's appear in flurries every few months it seems. Be patient & you'll get the right one. It would be pointless to buy the first one you see that meets a few of your needs but you're not 100% about & then let the car you were after all along slip through your fingers....

I waited 6 months to get the right Astra GTE 16v, flew up to Scotland to buy it & drive it 520 miles back down South. Had the car for nearly 4 years & it's one of the very best in the UK now. I could have easily bought 5 or 6 rotters during that time if I lacked the patience.

Unless you have vast cash reserves with an equally strong sense of nostalgia & fancy bringing back from the scrapper, are particularly handy with the spanners or have 'mates rates' welding & spraying available, what's the point?