AngusL

Panjo Payments - Problems for us in the UK

Hi Guys,

After many frustrating attempts at paying using a debit card on the PANJO payments system associated with selling on this forum.... Its not just me please read on....

I have attempted to buy items on this forum - a couple of times recently where the PANJO payment won't work so I email the seller to say please PM me an email address for a Paypal payment (Delay in awaiting the response - just the normal email wait for a response). During the time that I am awaiting a reply someone else jumps in and does a buy it now (I guess from the USA) The following is the response I received when I got pee'd off and asked PANJO Payments what was going on with their obviously USA based payments system...

PANJO Payments Response:-

"Right now, the payments accepted for a given listing are determined by the seller of the item. We can only enable direct payment through PayPal if the seller chooses to accept it. Believe me - if we could have a PayPal "Buy Now" button on every page, we would.

The issue for your forum and one other forum based in the UK is that our credit card processing is very U.S.-centric. This feature was heavily demanded and most of our users are in the U.S., so we wanted to get something available across the platform so that users could access this feature. We are working on two things to help your current situation:

1.A setting on our side that enables us to disable credit card payments on a forum-by-forum basis; and

2.Support for international payments.

I understand that this might not be an ideal answer, but I hope this provides some more information for you. "

Ok - So there you go its up to the sellers to add the Paypal payment.

Regards

Angusl

Hi Angus

When was last time u went thru Panjo?

As admin on here may have sorted it now (but need feedbacks that all is well - or not):

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=90650&p=1068345#post1068345

or they thought they had sorted it

i tried to use it to buy & pay for an ABS ecu earlier this week & gave up

the below was my post at the time.....

"Oh my word this panjo cr4p is absoluteley awful!! First time trying to use it & never again

30 minutes trying to send a payment WTF!?

Panjo says im outside of US & errors on post code

sometimes it lets me through to payment but then says my paypal account doesnt have enough funds, despite it being linked to my bank account

then when i try to pay by card the page initially loads a payment screen with option for card info but then switches to a 'create paypal account' page

stonejag - ive PM'd you & im sorry but i cant get the payment to go through. i shall await your PM with info"

or they thought they had sorted it

i tried to use it to buy & pay for an ABS ecu earlier this week & gave up

the below was my post at the time.....

"Oh my word this panjo cr4p is absoluteley awful!! First time trying to use it & never again

30 minutes trying to send a payment WTF!?

Panjo says im outside of US & errors on post code

sometimes it lets me through to payment but then says my paypal account doesnt have enough funds, despite it being linked to my bank account

then when i try to pay by card the page initially loads a payment screen with option for card info but then switches to a 'create paypal account' page

stonejag - ive PM'd you & im sorry but i cant get the payment to go through. i shall await your PM with info"

Lol

Can u reply on that link i posted above as Andi will pick up your issues?

Why do you bother? Just do the deal with the seller, get their Paypal and send the money - it's as simple as that...

Why do you bother? Just do the deal with the seller, get their Paypal and send the money - it's as simple as that...

Unless the seller doesn't want to use or doesn't have paypal

Unless the seller doesn't want to use or doesn't have paypal

How did everyone do it before the classifieds went over to Panjo? It's only been about 6 months and we all managed before...

Hi Jamie, That's exactly what I did a deal with the seller.... But between me doing the deal and getting the email back with the Paypal details.... Someone else jumped in and did a buy it now ! So I get another email telling me its sold as someone else bought and paid for it (I guess USA based as they could enter the panjo state / zip details)

I just wish to point out that you cant (correct as of last week 8th April 2015) pay by card on the panjo system because if you don't have a State and a Zipper thingy, it wont accept the card details if you live in the UK.

Wayne - Keep up the good work mate. I attempted to go through PANJO twice last week which is when my frustrations finally let go and I had to email PANJO support for such a glaring hole in the system, which is where that response came from. So the real answer is "I have NEVER used Panjo" for payments coz it don't work guv. So I resort to PM, email - Paypal that's what I have been doing all the time.

I don't know what's been done to correct this payment situation but if I can add my 50p's worth.. The Panjo payments page needs a panel that says the payee is USA or UK (Country switch) and then to request the correct address information.

No more angry red text telling me "eff off - do it again"...

So there is my little bit of feedback lets see PANJO payments get to that click, click payment complete situation. Happy Days :-)

AngusL