Wendy

Wheel Refurbishers

Chaps hi,

I am needing some wheels refurbished.

Anyone able to recommend anyone ? Local to me - Banbury in Oxfordshire ?

Can't remember who I used a few years back for a set of speedlines - Aylesbury way, although would prefer closer.

cheers in advance

Chaps hi,

I am needing some wheels refurbished.

Anyone able to recommend anyone ? Local to me - Banbury in Oxfordshire ?

Can't remember who I used a few years back for a set of speedlines - Aylesbury way, although would prefer closer.

cheers in advance

I've used pristine before Woburn Milton Keynes area. Dunno about Aylesbury...

I have just rang them before posting on here.

They want £108 per wheel !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was a tad high !!!

Goldie - I live in the South of the country !!!

I have now rang 4 wheel refurbishers. Cheapest is £72 so far, most are £90. None of whom I know the quality of their work.

Jim - Manhatten do wheels - Have you heard anything about their wheel refurbs. What do you reckon.

They are charging £72 upwards and would want to see them before confirming the price.

No idea unfortunately :(

I'd be reassured by the fact they're a paint shop though, rather than a powdercoaters..

Wow... At that price I'd be buying a new set of solitudes from classic car part... They were still selling them for about 70 quid each a while back.

I came across a company in Hemel called max powder a while a go no idea of quality but seemed cheap... But cheap is not always best.

Edited by delfinis38

Yeah - they're still that kind of price, but I'd assume Wendy has Speedlines that need refurbishing.

Wow... At that price I'd be buying a new set of solitudes from classic car part... They were still selling them for about 70 quid each a while back.

I came across a company in Hemel called max powder a while a go no idea of quality but seemed cheap... But cheap is not always best.

Have you got a link by chance for those? Interesting!

Helped by the very weak euro currently! What's the options for the centre caps these days?

Don't mind me - my thread - cheeky lot !!!

However - this does remind me i must buy some Euro's while they are cheap. !! lol

Actually its my Summer set of Rays for my 350z !!!

Ah ok :)

Just seen this one on Google in Gloucester and they have 2 good reviews on Google - both 5 star

https://plus.google.com/+GlevumalloywheelrepairsCoUk07837665979/posts

Says they are on facebook - if so im sure people on there will let you know what they are like

They are a SMART repairer, mobile service only - Never looks as good as a full strip and repaint.

Ian.

About 4 years ago I had my old 16" MX5 alloys dipped & stripped, these were pretty badly scuffed & refinished as new & refitted etc for about £250 all-in for 4. Same day service too if you book a month in advance.

The guys who did mine were

http://www.wheelworksuk.co.uk/

Ok, they're in Crawley, but there are similar places everywhere who would charge far less than what you were quoted.

I used Lepsons in Gillingham to refurbish my Speedlines. They charged £75 + VAT for a full refurbishment. This included an acid striping, filling the damage and a full repaint. They maybe more expensive than some but the quality of their work is superb. IMO anything less than this is not a proper job and is likely to deteriorate very quickly. Their website has lots of useful information for anyone contemplating a wheel refurbishment. http://www.lepsons.com/