Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

Air con

How about a bit of market reasearch. How much would people pay for a Climatronic conversion kit for the C.

I think the easiest way would be to supply all the required pipes, wiring, brackets and relays etc.. but not the compressor, condensor or the control panel and matrix, which could be retrieved from breakers yards, e-bay etc..

J

David Winter, Same buttons that I've got on mine. Without the optional toasty bum controls as well though :)

G60Renshaw, if you can supply all the required bits and bobs needed to fit the climatronic, how difficult is it to actually install?

Here is a photo of the aircon and heater controls in my Storm which unfortunately I might not have much longer :cry:

Dave are you selling your mint Storm?? :o

What could possibly replace it? :?

yes thats the same buttons on this passat,are you using the std c heater controls?

i also know for a late vento with that climatronic,the heater box looks more corrado than that passat sh*ite

The wife has been bleating at me to get a sensible car that I dont stress over when I use car parks etc + shes fed up with me going to the tip with rubbish in her car :lol: I have actually put it up for sale on the ccgb site and had some interest. One guy is keen to veiw it this weekend. Heres the trouble. I dont want a boring car and was keen on the idea of a mk4 Golf gti Turbo. But you just see so many Golfs I really am having second thoughts. I could get a cheaper Corrado but am worried I would end up throwing money at it. Mine is running sweetly and I went on a long run in it last week with the aircon recently serviced. I have also recently serviced it, replaced the tensioner pulley auxillary collant pump and thermostat housing.

Maybe I should get a divorce and keep the Storm :D

Nope.

It was an option, just like on the other Corrados akacheesy.

Bang on the money, that man has the right priorities.

Bang on the money, that man has the right priorities.

Yep - life is full of easy decisions :lol: :lol:

How about a bit of market reasearch. How much would people pay for a Climatronic conversion kit for the C.

I think the easiest way would be to supply all the required pipes, wiring, brackets and relays etc.. but not the compressor, condensor or the control panel and matrix, which could be retrieved from breakers yards, e-bay etc..

J

And hopefullly a cut-down kit for those of us lucky enough to have a/c already and just want the cool panel and better controls ;)

J

I installed a climatronic unit from a Golf earlier this year into my VR. It took a couple of days to do, dash in and out a couple of times for the location studs, drain line and opening up the bulkhead for the evaporator tubing/expansion valve. I also didn’t have a wiring diagram and still don’t, (any help here would be welcome) eventually got it going, all flaps work automatically etc. It was my intention to do a full Air Con installation, but that’s as far as I got. I now need hoses to complete. Already have all the other bits.

VERY nice there... 8)

Cool cold blue lighting effects too... 8) You've been busy doing that, looks spot on....

My condenser is knackered. Will a US spec condenser and drier fit a RHD drive car? They are reasonably cheap over there, £100 for the lot!

My condenser is knackered. Will a US spec condenser and drier fit a RHD drive car? They are reasonably cheap over there, £100 for the lot!

I don't see why the actual units won't fit, you may have some issues with pipework if it goes anywhere near the drving controls though?

Ask Keith at ACE mate!

I did and I will probably use him to gas it.

For those of you who want A/C, I have been looking at Etka and reckon that it can be done to a factory finish. Under the dash in the LHD model it uses a Golf II housing. Their is a RHD version of the housing, dont know if its still available. Part number is 192 820 024a. This is the housing only, you need all the other bits including the evaporator.

With the exception of the hoses the under bonnet area is the same for LHD & RHD.

An OE replica condenser is £122 + VAT (airport rads Cranford, nr heathrow). Dryer will be around 20-35. Hoses anywhere from 40-100 depending on who you use.

Dont know about switches, buy climatronic seems to be the answer. I reckon we need to coerce Mr Renshaw into writing a manual.