VR6 Lee

Magnex exhaust vr6

I bought a 2nd hand Magnex exhaust off here, all fitted and sounds great but the exhaust sits way out of the cut out part of the rear bumper, has anyone got any photos of there fitment including the rear hanger as I have a feeling mine is modified

My Vr and the 8v had the rear bracket, the Channel island breaker did not and there was no real difference in how far the rear pipe stuck out stuck out

Have you got a pic Lee

Few pictures

IMG_0815_zpswkn97mov.jpg

Bracket on OEM way round but even though I turn it round the other way it does not really move the exhaust up

IMG_0816_zpshkldxs0l.jpg

I have a bracket in the garage so will get a pic of it. Am about to go out there.

magnex supplied a bracket with the systems but no one seems to have them. I got one from dave on here when he was making them.

Thanks Jim. Can you see if you can get a pic of the actual metal bit which comes off the exhaust as I feel that mine has been modified

Yours looks like it has had part of the hanger cut off or straightened out, it should be an 'L' shape, like Jim has said though you really need the correct magnex bracket to mount it correctly. A half decent exhaust place should be able to knock up something that'll do the job.

I have mine off the car if pics would help you.

Hi Jim, that would be fantastic. Any chance you can measure how long the piece of metal is off the back of the exhaust as well

This is fitted in the correct way

478324D2-905C-4F2E-A158-BDEEE17528D2.jpg

And just to give you all a giggle this is how I tried to fit it whilst hungover, took me a good 10 mins to figure out I had the bracket upside down lol

AE5B1EA0-0A05-432F-98ED-B7A61BE5FBEB.jpg

88321824-711C-4345-AF8E-23EAE534F8AA.jpg

Thanks borachris, what I need is the length of the metal part coming off the exhaust so I can modify mine, any chance?

Is just a little bit of metal that pushes into the rubber hanger bit. Came with that. Think it's on all the hanger connections.