Sign in to follow this  
na17han

16vt?? how to

Hi does any one know where i can get instruction to build a 18. 16v turbo, i have the ££££ just need to know how to build it and what i will need! thanks lads

I might know someone selling a turbo kit for a 16v,

you will need to reduce the compression ratio of your engine to run a turbo

he was making 235bhp in a mk2 golf

thats great start but i already have an S2 kit, but need fitting instruction more than any thing?

when u say u have the S2 kit what do you mean??? modified inlet or exhuast maifold??

and what kind of information you looking for ??

s2 pistons, sounds pricey, what other mods would be needed, apart from getting hold of an appropriate manifold to mount the turbo?

i have a full S2 kit thicker gasket, s2 turbo, manifold (modified from 5cyl to 4cyl) wastgate,injectors, g60 ecu, loom with sns chip. just want a step by step fitting guide!!

oh ok

where in the country are you out of interest

also building it up will be like putting a normal engine back together but im interested in thei "S2 thinker head gasket " thing you have can you explain more please

Yeah I'd like to know how you fit a 5 cylinder head gasket to a 4 cylinder engine too.

You don't need to F about with bodgey gaskets if you build the engine properly with the proper CR.

A chopped down 5 to 4 cylinder exhaust manifold doesn't sound too clever either.

im sorry but if you need instructions for fitting a kit. get sombody else to do it cos you aint got whats needed.

thers alot more to turbocharging a engine than bolting on a few bits.

There isn't that much to turboing an engine, what are you going on about, as long as it is setup right you can't go wrong, only part im gonna struggle with is the oil return, the rest will be easy to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! as for the gasket it is a 16v low compression gasket, not s2 modified

You can modify the sump for the oil return. Drill a hole above the level of the oil at rest and weld a nut on the sump that'll take a banjo bolt. Job done.

No offence is meant when we question your ability, it does seem though that if you need to ask this kind of question there are some holes in your knowledge. :)

Your 16V low compression gasket, where did you get that? Is it a thick copper or stainless affair?

It will be easy to bolt all the bits on but you have a lot more scope for things going wrong with forced induction. A few seconds of detonation will total an engine completely.

Gavin