p0l1wrath

Isv delete warm start problems

Deleted my isv the other day after it finally seized up and car wouldn't idle at all, would just drop off the revs with no throttle.

Wound out the idle screw on the butterfly and was ok but didn't seem spot on, so have made up and copper pipe with a gas tap on it to make up a manual isv.

That seems all fine but I'm having warm start problems, it's really hard to get it to idle at all when the car is warm it will just drop off as soon as I let off the pedal

Any ideas, or more solid ways of deleting isv?

Don't really want to buy a new one would rather just not have it.

Don't all the turbo builds do isv deletes??

Cheers

What engine have you got? I've got a working ISV off a 2.0 16v 9a engine if you want it? If it was me, I'd keep it as VW intended ;)

oh yeh whoops,

VR6 engine, odb1. I know i should probably just get a new part, but i know there are people out there that have successfully deleted, and would rather not have it there.

What engine have you got? I've got a working ISV off a 2.0 16v 9a engine if you want it? If it was me, I'd keep it as VW intended ;)

How much for that, Hairyarse? Assuming the OP doesn't want it...

I have a nightmare with mine stalling...

So a good clean of the:

ISV

THROTTLE BODY

MAF

and spray electrical contact cleaner onto the MAF plug / socket fixed mine (touch wood!) :thumbleft:

If it was me, I'd keep it as VW intended ;)

Agree with that, there is a lot going on with these cars and there ECU's plus various sensors all playing there part.

As above , the ecu is set to recognise the parts that it controls . Take it away and the problems start . I think if you really want to delete it , you will have to get it programmed by Stealth , so it no longer recognises the Isv .