britpop95

Hose clamp advice

Now then fella's, I've recently bought a set of samco hoses and have been recommended to use spring band clamps to avoid slippage and the clamps scoring into the hoses. I've found a few uk suppliers but on the company's websites they rate spring band clamps at 2 out of 5 for strengh, anyone recommend a company or any advice on where/what to buy. Cheers guys.

i bought quite a few, i have test fitted them all and worked out all the sizes, but i need to write it all down. Might be able to do it today if i can find the list. Keep meaning to post it up.

Just put this together, Its mostly correct but noticed a few clips on the diagram that i'm not sure on. I did it all with engine and hoses in front of me, so will update when i fit engine properly. If i've put "

HCL%20Hose%20Clips.jpg

I used these ones, although not tested them with engine running yet.

http://www.hcl-clamping.co.uk/Rotor-Spring-Band-Hose-Clamp-Constant-Tension-P9

That's very helpful - thanks for sharing, Jim :)

Been meaning to post it for a while, but wanted to be 100% sure i got it right so was going to fit engine and check them again.

The list i have here seems to have 3 pipes connected to the bulkhead and i'm certain its only 2, so i've probably written something twice, Also in the diagram above the hose no19, (top rad hose) doesn't look right to me, should just be one thin hose coming off it, diagram shows the hose going to the header tank and then off to throttle body, but the diagram also shows another bit with hose clip no.32.

very helpful jim thanks for posting, iv found the spring clamps to be a right PITA to size correctly , i recently renewed my fuel hose's in the bay with 12mm O.D hose , so i brought spring clamps for 12mm OD , {it did say 12mm clamps for 12mm OD hose } did they fit? absolutely no chance! same with your normal 11mm-13mm fuel hose clamps , its like if you need to size them down but then you run the risk of not fitting at all, probably wont be much of an issue on the bigger stuff..

Tell me about i must have all the sizes from that link I posted. I bought what I thought was right and nothe all of them fitted well enough. So bought all of them and tried each one.