EJ Taylor

LSD - Reinforcements?

Charged v-tecs make lots of power

Having 2 cam profiles makes for a nice broad power band engines wise Honda are great but still lol

ssshhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone.. just keep making lawnmower jokes and hope no1 notices haha

Isn't it the casing that's the weak point in the vr6 box?

Which reminds me about the wavetrack gb

It's not too bad actually. I've only seen them shatter with uprated gear sets and launching hard up the strip on huge slicks.

Surprisingly the O2M's casing is definitely it's main weakness! The end casing that holds the support bearing for the middle shaft ovalises, which causes the gear teeth spread apart, and then strip off! It's a big problem on R32 turbos. VW beefed that area up on the O2Q box.

As always a very appreciated response Kev, thank you! :thumbleft:

That first bit might be an issue as the ABS is coming out as some point! But ill be sure to do what you said in the ways of reinforcement and look into getting a spare box as some mentioned, tbh the car only does about 2/3k a year so the second box wont be a high priority.

That's fine. You can simply stick a hall sensor next to an inner CV and use the 6 bolt heads as your rotation counter! Or you could stick a half casing from the Leon Cupra R's O2M onto the O2Q, which does have a gearbox sender. There's always a way round these problems, sorry, challenges :D

Another thought instead of an LSD, or in addition to, Racelogic traction control. I tried it out on Stealth's turbo Corrado and it's bloody good. Feels a bit like the TC in my MK5. You can feel it doing it's shizz, but it's not too intrusive.