Sign in to follow this  
sampayne

Corrado 1.8 16v Suspension: Is it the same as a MK2 Golf??

Does anyone know if Koni MK2 golf suspension kits fits a Corrado, TSR seem to think it does but other shops don't. :roll:

Has anyone had any experiences??

It fits.

The dampers for the G60 Golf and Corrado are the same - the rest are the same size, but with different damping rates.

If you're fitting adjustable Koni dampers this won't be a problem.

Sorry to kinda hi-jack this one, but is there a specific mk2 kit that fits the G60? I mean, would a MK2 GTi kit fit a G60?

Sorry to kinda hi-jack this one, but is there a specific mk2 kit that fits the G60? I mean, would a MK2 GTi kit fit a G60?

Yes it will physically fit but the springs will not be strong enough as the Corrado is a heavier car.

So i would need stronger springs? So i could thoretically buy an uprated MK2 shox eg. Koni and then buy Corrado springs and fit them to the shox?

What about coilovers? is that the same principle? Use mk2 coilover shox, but replace the springs wiv Rado ones?

I ran a jamex kit from my mk2 gti on my g60 for 3 1/2 years without any problems at all and the car handled great so I dont see why it would be any different for anyone else. The shocks and springs were an uprated kit and lowered the car by 80mm so they were quite stiff to begin with!!!