isaidthephil

Newbie from Cheshire

Hi Guys,

So this evening i have agreed to buy a Corrado VR6 Project which i will be picking up next week:) I am now looking for a little advise from you lovely knowledgable lot. As you can see from the images below it's feeling a little sorry for itself but I am getting ti with some spares such as spare wings and tailgate etc.

20150512_202903.jpg

20150512_203449.jpg

20150512_203816.jpg

1. The car has 193k on the clock but has been regularly serviced. My mate who I am buying it off says the drive chain and clutch ideally should be replaced soon....... is this a must or can I leave this for a little?

2. The drivers side sill is goosed with a hole at in the bottom corner near the arch. Would you recommend trying to get a piece from a breakers or getting a pattern panel. If a pattern, can anybody recommend where I can get one without paying the earth.

3. The car has been stood for 12 months and stopped being used due to a whole in the radiator. It has been regularly started but not ran for too long for obvious reasons. I am going to fit a new radiator and replace the coolant hoses. Can anybody recommend a somewhere that does a good OEM set of hoses.

4. Are there any common bits and bobs I should be looking at?

With this car i am not looking to modify etc just try and bring it back as close to OEM as possible (I have a mk2 Rocco which i save all the mods for). The body has been neglected for a long time it seems so that will take up most of my time. I just want to get the engine and electrics running sweet :)

If any of you are interested here is my Rocco :)

2015-03-16%2012.31.34.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rocco looks lovely, good luck with the Corrado, they look great in silver :)

Have a look at Goldie's thread for perhaps the ultimate silver Corrado. OSV before him also has/had a great thread.