BILLCOR

As New MK4 R32

Don't believe everything you read just buy one that's been well looked after mines a spoilt bugger lol oil consumption is not bad at I think mine in a 2 week journey doing 4k around Europe did half a litre if that but I think like I say if it's just a car with crazy low miles chances are it might eat oil as it's never running for long periods on a good run that's what these cars need distance to stretch there legs and have the engine running constantly mine sometimes will do 24 hours non stop other than fuel when going to south France.

The standard brakes are fine for road use at sensible speeds imo, thanks to the vacuum pump making them super sharp at the top of the pedal. AP kits are great for track days and regular stops from 100+, but it's £2.5K I'm not prepared to spend as the roads are just too busy to enjoy them where I live! They do look good though!

Cheers fellas. What are the most desirable factory upgrades to have?

Also been looking at cupra k1's but im not a big fan of the interior.

Edited by Jon_vr6

A friend of mine had one of the hot Cupra's... had it Revo'd which annhilated the clutch within the space of a thousand miles and also cooked an injector which obviously could have lead to larger issues! Not sure I'd be so keen on one myself based on his experience with it.

I'm 50 / 50 on the R debate. I'm in agreement that the MK4 was the first 'R' and VW did give it a half decent attempt, by their usual reserved standards. Bilstein B6s, H&R springs and ARBs as standard, Big brakes as standard, decent seats as standard (even if they whack the roof in the 3 door car) and a tasty looking bodykit, and which alongside the TT started off the current twin exit exhaust craze.

MK5s onwards have been pure cost cutting exercises, but what they took away with one hand, they gave back with the other in terms of structural stiffness and handling.

Despite VW's intent, the MK4 never delivered. The engine has one of the most irritating power deliveries I've ever experienced and it just wasn't powerful enough either. The MK5 was better, but it still wasn't all that. Both are boring to drive and is why I got rid of mine after 18 months. Dynamically the R32 is the best MK4 there ever was, but it still sucked as a daily driver. Crashy suspension, droney exhaust, rubbish quality electrics, useless engine mounts (the MK5 is even worse on that score fwiw) and just nothing there when you really boot it......and massive understeer if you fit a sport haldex controller.

That's why it will never be a classic, because most people hated it dynamically everyone cited it as being too slow and unfulfilling to drive.

Hello Guys interesting debate here its funny really as ive always wanted one ever since they came out i like the fact they came out the box as they did ie you didnt have to do much to them to make them look good!!!! love those seats i like the fact they aggressive and for a long time wish i had one and sold the corrado!!! Ive always brought a car for the next one to be an improvement on the last!!! so had mk1s then mk2 16Vs and then brought the Corrado VR6!!! from what i read about them including Kevs write up i think id get one and enjoy for abit but regret selling the rado ive had the Rado for 8 yrs now with a bit of a wobble with a Golf G60 in the middle!!!!

It was a hard Decision between the two cars even tho everyone said sell the Corrado there is something about the way they drive i love.

I agree with Kev that it was a bit of a flop it was vw last ditch attempt to recify the mistakes made with the MK4 as people werent blown away with the V6 4 motion, i think the mk4 R32 Will increase in valve over time as it was built in limited numbers would i have one now......NO would i pay £25k for one defo not lol there is alot more cars you could buy for that money!!

if i was wearing my sensible trousers id buy an Edition 30 MK5 Golf instead;)

Edited by Chris Langdon

Cheers fellas. What are the most desirable factory upgrades to have?

Also been looking at cupra k1's but im not a big fan of the interior.

Xenons

Highline MFD display

Multi Function steering wheel

Sunroof (if desired)

Winter pack (heated seats, auto lights, auto wipers and some other gumpf)

And some other bits, lol

Pretty sure there were audio upgrades too - an amp under the seat and 3 ways in the front doors instead of 2 way. Think they were DynAudio drivers too, so top notch.

Hello Guys interesting debate here its funny really as ive always wanted one ever since they came out i like the fact they came out the box as they did ie you didnt have to do much to them to make them look good!!!! love those seats i like the fact they aggressive and for a long time wish i had one and sold the corrado!!! Ive always brought a car for the next one to be an improvement on the last!!! so had mk1s then mk2 16Vs and then brought the Corrado VR6!!! from what i read about them including Kevs write up i think id get one and enjoy for abit but regret selling the rado ive had the Rado for 8 yrs now with a bit of a wobble with a Golf G60 in the middle!!!!

It was a hard Decision between the two cars even tho everyone said sell the Corrado there is something about the way they drive i love.

I agree with Kev that it was a bit of a flop it was vw last ditch attempt to recify the mistakes made with the MK4 as people werent blown away with the V6 4 motion, i think the mk4 R32 Will increase in valve over time as it was built in limited numbers would i have one now......NO would i pay £25k for one defo not lol there is alot more cars you could buy for that money!!

if i was wearing my sensible trousers id buy an Edition 30 MK5 Golf instead;)

The MK4 definitely isn't a terrible car and most people would enjoy a spirited drive in one. But as a long term ownership proposition, there are more rewarding cars out there tbh! The Edition 30 is just such a car, especially when remapped!

Xenons

Highline MFD display

Multi Function steering wheel

Sunroof (if desired)

Winter pack (heated seats, auto lights, auto wipers and some other gumpf)

And some other bits, lol

Pretty sure there were audio upgrades too - an amp under the seat and 3 ways in the front doors instead of 2 way. Think they were DynAudio drivers too, so top notch.

Cheers Kev id love a grey ed30.

The MK4 definitely isn't a terrible car and most people would enjoy a spirited drive in one. But as a long term ownership proposition, there are more rewarding cars out there tbh! The Edition 30 is just such a car, especially when remapped!

out of interest Kev in the 18 months of ownership did it give you any issues at all also you do much to it in terms of mods etc?

sorry Kev just notice you have a thread on it il look though that lol and I didn't realise you own an ed30 LOL good to know im on the right wave length ;)

25k is way too much. The problem is what else you can buy for the money. I'd probably be looking at an M3 of some kind. However I do think they will, slowly, appreciate in price.

Sold and ended up in Wales I think, but have just bought another one today.....

Interesting. Do tell?