SR_Neale

Spray gun misfire.

When painting my bonnet this after noon I noticed it seamed to have some sort of misfire leaving dry patches. Has anyone else come across this? I use an air feed mask and have a 150l compressor. Any advise would be helpful. Cheers

Devilbis gti. Tried it at 10% 20% and 30% thinners. Have drained all the water messed about with pressure fan size, adjusted the nedal. But still the same. If I had hair I would be pulling it out right now.

possibly paint to thick for what size fluid tip your gun has, have a look at the technical data sheet for the paint your using and see what it says for what size fluid tip is needed for it, you can also see how much the paint can be thinned down by, you did make sure the internals were clean and debris free before you put paint in the gun? all ways check the needle air cap and inside is mint!, are you still using the little filter that sits at the bottom of the cup? if so then ditch it! all ways use a paint strainer when putting paint in the gun that way nothing other then decent paint gets put in the gun, any air flow restrictions to the gun?

Tip is 1.2 I think but also got a devilbis primer gun which is also doing the same thing. Have kept my eye on the pressure and the is no dip. Happens consistently every 3-4 seconds. Tried with and without the filter and always use strainers. Also the only thing in my workshop that is clean are the guns. Lol. And if I thin the paint down any more it will be to **** thin. Could it have any thing to do with hoses air fed valve?

Edited by SR_Neale

if its happening consistently with both guns then it could be an air supply issue, you might have to up the hose bore size to the air fed belt , im guessing your paint gun hose comes off the belt? so you got one hose the feeds both the gun and mask?

Are the Air holes in the pot lids clear? If they're blocked it can have this effect. Simple but worth a look.

Vw_owner yes that is the set up I'm using. Does that mean larger diameter hoses and connectors? I have one hose 10m from the compressor to a water trap and a 20m hose from water trap to belt. Would both need replacing? Will check hole in pot lid first though as that sounds alot cheaper.

If it was a pressure problem this should show up on you gauge, pull the trigger and watch the gauge if it's not fluctuating I would say your air supply is ok.oh and always make sure the cap on the lid is pulled up agen simple but easy mistake.

When you say the cap in the lid should that not be pushed into the hole? Long time since I did all this in college.